Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Raging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jhary A-Conel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thoughts please ..... have I got this right.......?

The Raging symbols on the Quest Charter and Enemy Focus Tracks only apply to enemies with the Raging Characteristic.

Whereas........

The "Enrage 1 or all enemies if able" in the Fury of the Mists Time cards

AND

"Enrage All Enemies" on such Encounter cards as 'Dark Resurrection'

Refer to ANY enemy with or without the Raging characteristic???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is correct. Only the enrage events on Time and Focus tracks require the enemy to have a Raging Enemy symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You got me confused. Whats the effect of rage on enemies without an enraged icon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomnickname wrote:
You got me confused. Whats the effect of rage on enemies without an enraged icon?

Enemies have an eye symbol in their description which says what happens when they are enraged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tore Halvorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
How to you enrage enemies with a raging effect that is not a raging enemy?
E.g. the enemy have rage in the description, but is not marked as a raging enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demo wrote:
How to you enrage enemies with a raging effect that is not a raging enemy?
E.g. the enemy have rage in the description, but is not marked as a raging enemy.

The difference is many cards have an enrage [eye] ability but only some have the raging enemies Icon [Beast Head] to the right of their enemy type.
They also have a rage ability prefixed by the [eye] symbol and maybe followed by the calm symbol.

If the icon is missing they are not enraged by the track events on the Time, or Hero charters.

If the [eye] rage symbol is missing they are never enraged. Obviously all Raging Enemies (with the Icon) will have a rage ability. [I think]
Many enemies with out the Raging enemies Icon will have a rage [eye] ability.

Enrage caused by card (Time,Hero,Quest,Enemies) abilities and effects triggers the [eye] enrage ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhary A-Conel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tore as examples look at .............

"Enrage 1 or all enemies if able" instruction on 'Fury of the Mists' Time cards

AND

"Enrage All Enemies" on the Encounter card 'Dark Resurrection'

These cards enrage all enemies even if they don't have the Raging Icon at the top of the card BUT they will have an 'Enraged ability' in the abilities section of the card, the 'eye'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="TarEldarion79"

These cards enrage all enemies even if they don't have the Raging Icon at the top of the card BUT they will may have an 'Enraged ability' in the abilities section of the card, the 'eye'[/q]

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HitmanN
Finland
Uusikaupunki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
TarEldarion79 wrote:

These cards enrage all enemies even if they don't have the Raging Icon at the top of the card BUT they will may have an 'Enraged ability' in the abilities section of the card, the 'eye'

ninja

So far I haven't noticed any enemies that don't have an enrage ability or effect. So 'will' seems about correct to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HitmanN wrote:
Starman54 wrote:
TarEldarion79 wrote:

These cards enrage all enemies even if they don't have the Raging Icon at the top of the card BUT they will may have an 'Enraged ability' in the abilities section of the card, the 'eye'

ninja

So far I haven't noticed any enemies that don't have an enrage ability or effect. So 'will' seems about correct to me.

I am generally playing through Into the Wilds with different heroes etc. So I am resisting spoilers for the main feast, enemies wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hej folks,

I do really have problems here...

While THE "raging enemy" icon on either hero's or adventure charter is getting triggered... What happens?
Do I have to stir ONE enemy having a raging icon in the top right corner (enemy card) and this in every single zone of all heros???

I guess when: "stir all enemies" is triggered it is pretty straight forward and I simply stir up all enemies (... in the respective zone that is mentioned in the text with the "stir up all enemies")

Do you see how confused/raging I am ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stannis the King wrote:

While THE "raging enemy" icon on either hero's or adventure charter is getting triggered... What happens?

from "Enemy Focus Track Symbols and Numbers"

Quote:
The Raging Enemy Symbol [symbol] requires the owner of the Hero Charter to immediately Enrage a Raging Enemy of their choice in their Hero Area <H>, if able.

from "Time Track Symbols and Numbers"

Quote:
The Raging Enemy Symbol [symbol] requires each player to immediately Enrage a Raging Enemy of their choice in their Hero Area <H>, if able.

so whenever the marker enters/passes the space with an icon you choose one of the remaining enemies in a hero area and enrage them according to their enrage effect down on their card.

looking that up brings up another question: what does the regular enemy symbol mean over the reinforcement track? the description says "There is exactly one symbol on the Reinforcement Track [Reinforcement Symbol]"

there's also an enrage icon on top the 2 player mark on the time track. does that mean it enrages too? and if the marker passes both, do they enrage twice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
legray wrote:
looking that up brings up another question: what does the regular enemy symbol mean over the reinforcement track? the description says "There is exactly one symbol on the Reinforcement Track [Reinforcement Symbol]"

there's also an enrage icon on top the 2 player mark on the time track. does that mean it enrages too? and if the marker passes both, do they enrage twice?
Those are just there to indicate the general purpose of the track (occasionally enrage enemies, bring in reinforcements, respectively), no actual game effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danke, jetzt geht's wieder!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legray wrote:
Stannis the King wrote:

from "Enemy Focus Track Symbols and Numbers"

Quote:
The Raging Enemy Symbol [symbol] requires the owner of the Hero Charter to immediately Enrage a Raging Enemy of their choice in their Hero Area <H>, if able.

from "Time Track Symbols and Numbers"

Quote:
The Raging Enemy Symbol [symbol] requires each player to immediately Enrage a Raging Enemy of their choice in their Hero Area <H>, if able.

so whenever the marker enters/passes the space with an icon you choose one of the remaining enemies in a hero area and enrage them according to their enrage effect down on their card.

When Tracks Enrage

Often overlooked by first time players and in the heat of the battle.

There are Regular And Raging Enemies See top of Rules Page 6 (Item 5)

Only Enrage Raging enemies ,those with the Rage Symbol to the right of their Enemy Type e.g. Regular Blue Enemy on Page 6(Do not confuse the name regular with rage sub type this is a Raging regular blue enemy and not a Regular Regular blue enemy whistle) most enemies have a rage effect that can be triggered by abilities etc. but not all are Raging Enemies.

Rules page 6 - Raging enemies wrote:
A Raging Enemy (denoted by the Raging Enemy symbol ) is not a
separate Enemy class and should, for all intents and purposes, be treated as either a Regular or a Special Enemy (depending on other Enemy symbols
on the cards). Some effects and abilities will, however, refer to Raging
Enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, I assumed every monster that can enrage is a raging enemy.

tbh it's easy to miss due to the layout, a few more italic/bold section would've been more helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.