1 , 2  Next »   | 

Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » General

Subject: Video of Unboxing and/or playthrough rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
Can someone please put out a unbox video of the glory seeker pledge level? (or any other pledge level) I know here is one already but I can watch more
And also a video of a playthrough? I have to watch something in the meantime while I'm waiting for my Game. Can't wait so I need some awesomeness to watch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would love to see a play through video. I am VERY interested to hear feed back from people receiving their games now as well as additional play through videos. I am deciding if I want to join the upcoming KS campaign for this game and any input would be appreciated!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
I can't really do an unboxing video anymore since I have opened everything, but I can try to make a video showing everything for ya since I do have everything.

I can also attempt to do a video play-thru, but be pre-warned - this game can be a looong game. Our games have taken 3+ hours.

Is there something more specific you'd like to see? EG something shorter like
- Setup
- A few turns from turn 1
- Triggering the boss / or fighting him ?

Or do you really want to see a 2-4 hour game from start to finish?

Lemme know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
I want to see everything unboxing and a playthrough is what I want the most. It doesn't matter all that much that you have opened it. I would love to see the content. Upload as much as you feel like making, I will surly watch all of it. Maybe the playthrough in the style of a TableTop show. like 2-3 rounds and then cut here and there when critical or funny things happen. Speaking of TableTop. EEG should try to contact Wil Wheaton and put Secrets of The Lost Tomb on the show. That would have been awesome. And drawn huge attention to the game and the next kickstarter Please post links to the videos you upload here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly would watch a 2-3 hour play through That seems to me to be the best way to get a "feel" for the game. Also there are no complete play throughs on BGG for this game yet, so it would fill a need!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
I do agree a 100% with Dan, I would watch it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
I'll see what I can do for you all .

Unfortunately I lack a real camera for video recording ( and a studio for that matter), but I do have a few decent webcams (C920) I'll see what I can do for you guys though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Wiley
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
I've played it solo, with me playing two adventurers with two companions each, twice to get a feel for the game. Each play through of the first scenario has taken about 2-3 hours and each time I get something a bit wrong with the rules. I'm not sure what you want to see, but when I get free time, I could record another play though of the first scenario from setup to completion. I can't promise to make it super exciting, but I can do my best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
Looking forward to seeing all of it no matter what the quality would be do any of you have pre-painted minis? If so, can you show closeups on them? Been hearing different opinions, some good some bad, but only seen some pictures from one set. So would be nice to see from different ones, since I will be receiving them too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
espentruls wrote:
Looking forward to seeing all of it no matter what the quality would be do any of you have pre-painted minis? If so, can you show closeups on them? Been hearing different opinions, some good some bad, but only seen some pictures from one set. So would be nice to see from different ones, since I will be receiving them too.

I have the mini's, but not pre-painted. I have about 1/2 of them prepped to be painted though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Inglehart
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Last day. Capricorn 15's. Year of the city - 2274. Carousel begins...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the middle of a solo playthrough and I would love to see one put together by Chris. I am sure that I am doing things wrong and possibly even making things more complicated than I need to so having a complete game to view would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A solo playthrough by Chris would be excellent as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
Any update on the filming of unboxing/play-thru? I've been hitting the refresh button awaiting awesomeness. soon maeby? can't wait for the game to receive, but in the meantime. Movies of the game have to do for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Been a busy week for me. Since it's a Holiday weekend in the states, i'll try to get it done tonight / over the weekend and uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostCat wrote:
Been a busy week for me. Since it's a Holiday weekend in the states, i'll try to get it done tonight / over the weekend and uploaded.

That would be awesome if you have the time! Don't worry about quality or getting all the rules correct. I am anxious to see the game in action to solidify my decision to invest in the game during the upcoming September kickstarter

Thanks again and good luck thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Just wanted to let everyone know I have finished filming the play-thru. It's currently uploading to YouTube. I'll give you guys the URL once it's done. will hopefully be done in the next hour or so.

I didn't add any of the extra stuff (this is just raw footage) since this is my first time uploading to Youtube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
Super!!! awesome, looking forward to watching it!!! Thanks a million!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebg0ZPHZreo&list=PL0METfNjpF...

Here's the link to the Youtube playlist. Enjoy! Lots of mistakes are made. It should give you a good enough feel of the game though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostCat wrote:

Here's the link to the Youtube playlist. Enjoy! Lots of mistakes are made. It should give you a good enough feel of the game though

Thanks for taking the time to make/post the video Chris!!

Have some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
Hope it's enjoyable enough for you all .

Didn't realize how exhausting it can be to make / talk !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osama El Agha
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for the Video!

Good Job
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espen Skarsten
Norway
flag msg tools
Chris! What kind of deck protectors do you use? Have you any storing methods for storing everything neatly(in the box)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostCat wrote:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR CREATING THIS AWESOME VIDEO CHRIS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostCat wrote:

This video is just what I wanted to see! I am sold! Looking forward to acquiring the game via the upcoming KS!!!! Thanks again Chris Wolfe!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wolfe
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
espentruls wrote:
Chris! What kind of deck protectors do you use? Have you any storing methods for storing everything neatly(in the box)?

/rant
I've always used UltraPro sleeves since I played Magic in the early/mid 90's. I just transitioned them to Board Games for Longevity sake. I sleeve almost all of my board game cards like a maniac. It's kind of crazy lol
In regards the the insert - Funny story that's not so funny. My cat decided to use this box as a litter box (he did a number 1 and 2 . cry) forcing me to not only remove all the cards from the sleeves (yay sleeves for saving the game!) but also resleeve everything with very minor damage.
/endrant

Anyway, here's the sizes for those who are interested (With Amazon Links):
Regular Size cards:
Ultra Pro Standard Size(66mm x 91mm) (Clear)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENPOYLO?psc=1&redirect=t...
Mini-Euro Size cards:
Fantasy Flight (Red banner at top) 1 11/16" x 2 5/8" (44x66 MM)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1589945123?psc=1&redirect=t...

For the insert, if you remove the paper insert, everything fits fine in the box. I'm going to make my own custom insert down the line (specifically since i'm going to be painting all the mini's) I can take a picture of how it all fits right now and upload it if you want to see. The original box is really large. (I think someone also has an image of a custom insert they made which fit everything even nicer!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.