Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be more time given to roles some of the roles that take a bit longer to perform? I'm thinking specifically of the vampires deciding on Mark of Vampire, Priest, Cupid and Marksman. Priest and Cupid especially as they have to move 4 marks. I've moderated a few games and those roles have taken a little more time.

I think just adding more time between each role call (which is an app feature now) isn't a great solution as the script now takes quite a while with the dusk phase and all these manipulations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know there are settings for the number of seconds for each role, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
You know there are settings for the number of seconds for each role, right?

Yeah, but that would increase the timer for everyone... and I hardly think the Seer needs 15 seconds to look at a single card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Wallis
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I agree and have thought the same.

For example, at the moment it is almost impossible to use the Village Idiot with a large group of players. To give the role enough time to do their task would mean every other role would be given too much time and the night phase would be too long to be manageable.

It would be nice if certain roles could be given bonus time which could be adjusted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tawn wrote:
Yeah I agree and have thought the same.

For example, at the moment it is almost impossible to use the Village Idiot with a large group of players. To give the role enough time to do their task would mean every other role would be given too much time and the night phase would be too long to be manageable.

It would be nice if certain roles could be given bonus time which could be adjusted.
Actually there's an additional time given to Village Idiot already (by default). If I'm not mistaken, he always has 5 more seconds than the rest of the roles (so in my case it's 4+5). Interestingly enough, there's a switch in options called Double First Doppelganger, which does the same thing for Doppelganger (4+5).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Wallis
msg tools
mbmb
JarekWarsaw wrote:
Actually there's an additional time given to Village Idiot already (by default). If I'm not mistaken, he always has 5 more seconds than the rest of the roles (so in my case it's 4+5). Interestingly enough, there's a switch in options called Double First Doppelganger, which does the same thing for Doppelganger (4+5).

Ah, I stand corrected.. (goes to check app..)

Still.. the extra time needed will be dependent upon just how large the group is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the lastest KS update:

Bezier Games wrote:
Double Role Timer for Complex Roles - Some role actions take longer than others, especially some of the new roles in Vampire. With the new 2X Complex Roles option activated in Role Timer Settings, the first Doppelganger, Cupid, Priest, Marksman, Squire, and Beholder get double the amount of time (based on the Role Timer length). Village Idiot always gets 5 extra seconds, regardless of the role timer (unless the Role timer is off, in which case he gets no time at all). This option is on by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.