Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My character had this scroll:

In 4D. Turns in the rule book are used when adventuring in Aethos. First turn, the avatars, then the shadow turn. However combat is described as "combat phases".

I played it where at the end of the current combat phase the ability returned to the opponent however upon further reflection I'm not sure I played it right. Should the ability have stayed with the avatar until the end of all combat phases and returned only when it returned to the player's turn to continue exploring Aethos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Effects that last "one turn" persist from the instant they are granted until the end of the Players' Turn in which they were granted. These effects end the instant before the following Shadows' Turn begins. This means that effects imparted prior to a combat that last "for a turn" will persist through all phases of combat... and then some! Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire combat (containing as many combat rounds as needed) takes place within one turn so your avatar should have retained that ability until the combat was finished (defeated the monster or flee).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both. I'll get it right from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.