Matt Kindt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to games, and one thing that immediately struck me when getting into it - is the varied and wide-ranging topics/themes for games. Then it got me to thinking that you can pretty much make a board game out of anything. Then it got me to thinking of how I could create a new and different board game for every part of my day. So here goes...w/o using an pre-existing games.

1. WAKE UP: A press-your-luck real-time dice-rolling game in which you have exactly 20 minutes to successfully roll dice to NOT hit snooze on the alarm, roll for making coffee, roll for your length of shower -- and if you roll snake eyes at any time, you have a kid that throws up and is too sick to go to school/daycare. If you can get out of the house, with coffee, and see your kid off to school before the 20 minutes is up, you win. Optional expansion: WAKE UP: Traffic Jam -- once you're out of the house you've got to roll your way through traffic.

2. EMAIL: A solitaire style of card-based gameplay in which you must make your way through an entire deck of "email" cards -- forwarding emails to delegate work, keeping important emails in your hand for later play. "Spam" cards will get in your way and slow down your ability to play email cards. And watch out for "meme" emails with videos/jokes that could potentially force you to shuffle the deck and start again.

3. LONG LUNCH: The Lunch Break Game. Round 1 is a worker placement game in which you must successfully delegate all of the day's tasks in 5 turns or less to free yourself up to take lunch. Round 2 is deck-building. You must recruit co-worker cards to extend your lunch hour as much as possible. Once out of the office, you must draw and build a new deck to both choose a lunch location and order and eat your lunch before the "lunch hour" deck runs out.

4. I'M ACTUALLY STARTING REAL WORK NOW: The Writing Game. Gameplay begins as soon as the first "afternoon coffee" card is drawn. Then the game turns into a story-making, word-creation game. The player with the longest words, placed in the most clever order, and in the shortest amount of time, wins the game. Extra victory points for completing the most words before the "deadline."

5. HONEY, I'M HOME: A Domestic Life, Worker Placement Game: Set out a random set of tiles to make the "home." Players enter the front door and immediately begin splitting their attention by placing their workers at various stations: dinner-making, cleaning up toys, interacting with kids, talking about work, listening to S/O talk about their day, television/game-playing, sleep. Players must balance their "attention" workers carefully so as not to neglect any of the activity stations. Victory points awarded for successfully putting children to sleep, making a successful dice-roll for cleaning dishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to buy 3 different meals for lunch. However, I can't eat all 3, so I'll have to make a judgment call and pick 1

When I go out of town and have to find parking, this is worker placement here

Resource management... can only do x things in a day. I'll list a few that are high priority, and get the rest done another day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In many ways an average day at the office is like Dead of Winter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kindt
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ch82 wrote:
In many ways an average day at the office is like Dead of Winter

Nice! You have to keep an eye on the drunken Santa around the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a load of kids at home a look after a load of people at work.

Basically my entire day is summed up by

Where There Is Discord
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess my road to and from work can be a little like Doodle City; it doesn`t necessarily go straight...

My work is any kind of worker placement. Mind who gets put together, do not allow just anyone into each area. Oh, and perhaps it might turn out a bit like Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set; look out for the monsters!! :O Having to play on my streangth to get through it.

Then my other work could simulate Ave Caesar; full on race, and getting in eachother`s way (I am a swimming instructor)...

Dinner is like A la carte, a real messy business...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
2 days last week were Pandemic gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.