Wilderness War» Forums » General

Subject: Translation... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kralsaa istre
msg tools
I've a problem to understand the sentence :
"any ONE ...force/unit..."
Does it mean, only ONE force/unit among those that fully completed the conditon, even if more could.
Or it mean all force/unit that fully completed the condition...and i choose, one two three...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you post the full rule that you want help with? It's hard to understand the context of such a small excerpt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kralsaa istre
msg tools
6.72 Who May Interecept. For each space a moving enemy
force or unit enters, you may attempt Interception with any ONE
unbesieged force or individual unit that is adjacent or in the same
space.

6.8 Avoiding Battle
Any ONE unbesieged force or individual unit in a space about to be attacked may attempt instead to Avoid Battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You pick ONE force or (exclusive OR) ONE unit to make the interception attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kralsaa istre
msg tools
Even if there is multiple adjacent space (containing force/unit) that could intercept ?

In my group, interpretations for this rules is very differents...some think that these rule apply for each space that respond to conditions...so with three adjacents spaces...3 x one force/unit attempt interception...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion it is just ONE attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
In my opinion it is just ONE attempt.

That is correct; the rule is NOT that one stack/unit may intercept. It is that one ATTEMPT to intercept may be made.

However, one attempt may be made for EACH space entered by the active stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kralsaa istre
msg tools
Understood

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.