Subject: Spawning a monster without an available monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you do in the following case?

Ancient One is Shub - I have set aside 2 ghouls, 2 goat spawn, and 1 dark young.

Active mystery is Hunting the Thousand - Which currently holds "skeleton" "goat spawn" and "tcho-tcho" (unlucky on the advance active mystery draw)

The 2nd Goat spawn is on Sydney.

I have a research encounter that tells me to spawn a goat spawn and encounter it. If I pass (will) then gain the clue. But... I don't have a goat spawn token available.

Should I take it off the Hunting the Thousand mystery and mark it with 2 eldritch tokens?

Or should I miss out on the encounter?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would fall under the "Component Limitations" rule. Do not remove the Goat Spawn from the card, you just skip the effect. This can be really potent in the case of Yig by using of the monster killing task in MoM to defeat and hold onto the cultists!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I suspected, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
This can be really potent in the case of Yig by using of the monster killing task in MoM to defeat and hold onto the cultists!

Or by having Diana ship them all off to places nobody cares about (like Canada).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
What they said. Ambushes can still happen though, just reference the monster stats from wherever a token may currently be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.