Hide
10 Posts

The Witcher Adventure Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule question: A meeting with Shani rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
viki
msg tools
Hi, I dont know if I play correctly a Good fortune card "A meeting with Shani". I play this card when I draw investigation card and I take setback card, then I Can discard this setback card and I´m able to avoid of trouble. If I pay 1 coin I draw another investigation card and If its again setback card I discard it as well and then I repeat it until I´ll take normal invest. card. Is that correct playing of this card? If isn´t, can someone describe me correct playing? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the exact text on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viki
msg tools
Text is: "when you draw investigation cards, play this card to discard alldrawn setback cards without resolving them.

If you also spend 1 coin, draw 1 investigation card for each setback card you discarded."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Both seem one-off effects, nothing indicates to redraw further setbacks you draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viki
msg tools
ok, and one more think which I´m not sure of. Do you think that I can discard drawn setback card and setback card already lying before me as well or only drawn cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Both seem one-off effects, nothing indicates to redraw further setbacks you draw.
I agree.

Vikisak7 wrote:
ok, and one more think which I´m not sure of. Do you think that I can discard drawn setback card and setback card already lying before me as well or only drawn cards?
No, you can only discard setback cards drawn as part of that one draw instance. If you draw multiple investigation cards at the same time then you get to discard all setbacks among them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikisak7 wrote:

No because Shani explicitly tells you "when you draw investigation cards...", so it's in that occasion only.

Shani is a good combo to shield some nasty blue Investigation cards like Desperate Search:
"Reveal 5 cards from 1 investigation deck and choose 1 card to resolve. Then resolve all revealed setback cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viki
msg tools
good, thanks for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Elian
Italy
flag msg tools
Mythologem wrote:
Vikisak7 wrote:

No because Shani explicitly tells you "when you draw investigation cards...", so it's in that occasion only.

Shani is a good combo to shield some nasty blue Investigation cards like Desperate Search:
"Reveal 5 cards from 1 investigation deck and choose 1 card to resolve. Then resolve all revealed setback cards."

No, you can't use that card after Desperate Search, you are revealing card, not drawing them.
This cards uses the plural because some card or quest gives you the possibility to draw 2 investigation cards, if both are setbacks, u discard to draw 2 more (very difficult if not impossible, to be another 2 setbacks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
megaman112 wrote:
Mythologem wrote:
Vikisak7 wrote:

No, you can't use that card after Desperate Search, you are revealing card, not drawing them.
This cards uses the plural because some card or quest gives you the possibility to draw 2 investigation cards, if both are setbacks, u discard to draw 2 more (very difficult if not impossible, to be another 2 setbacks)

I don't think so. Read Rules Reference Guide, page 4, Drawing, last bullet:

"When an effect states <reveal X cards>, the player draws that number of cards from the specified deck and flips them faceup so that all players can see them"

Emphasis is mine. It seems pretty clear to me that revealing is a subcase of drawing.

So yes, you can use Shani with Desperate Search just like any other effect involving drawing.

EDIT: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.