Popular Tags: [View All]
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/3000/1/1/fury-of-...

Looks good. 8pts for 11 health and surge: cleave 2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice tanks. Exactly the kind of figures I want on the front line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
interesting... I love the regular one, I'm wondering if the Elite is overpriced (or underwhelming power wise) as you only go up 2 health (so 4 total) and a +2damage surge... probably is balanced well, but it seems like you could find a better use for the 3 additional points.

Super excited for these guys though! can't wait to try a whole Wookiee team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also interesting that, for once, the reinforcement cost has been rounded up, instead of down.

But then again, is there any way to reinforce a rebel figure at all, where this number would be relevant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DukeOfEarl wrote:
It's also interesting that, for once, the reinforcement cost has been rounded up, instead of down.

But then again, is there any way to reinforce a rebel figure at all, where this number would be relevant?

Future Command Cards may make use of the Reinforcement cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
The gray version is definitely overpowered, clearly a bad attempt to weaken 4x4. Insanely high damage, Insanely high health, Surprisingly low cost. Elite version is pretty disappointing by comparison to the gray. However its really on par with other units of that range. If it was me, the Gray version would have 10 hp instead.

DukeOfEarl wrote:

Just letting you know, the reinforcement cost for a few other Rebels. Such as Sabs. Round up

I would suggest looking at the round down ones as having a Squad tax, while the round up as having a Reinforce tax. However since the only round ups seem to be Rebel at the moment... Only really Tusken Raider can be said to have a Squad Tax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Sausville
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Talamare wrote:
Only really Tusken Raider can be said to have a Squad Tax

And the normal Trandoshan Hunters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I also thought that the price increase for the Elites seemed a lot given how little the health increase is, but the extra health also makes it more likely you'll be able to get off Fury attacks, and with the improved damage surge, that's quite a bit more offensive potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Kovacs
msg tools
"The day we stop exploring is the day we commit ourselves to live in a stagnant world, devoid of curiosity, empty of dreams." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talamare wrote:
The gray version is definitely overpowered, clearly a bad attempt to weaken 4x4. Insanely high damage, Insanely high health, Surprisingly low cost. Elite version is pretty disappointing by comparison to the gray. However its really on par with other units of that range. If it was me, the Gray version would have 10 hp instead.

Seem a little overpowered to me too, but we'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

So I guess this could be the new Royal Guards? FFG may be banking on selling multiple copies of this pack to each player. Hello $$$ devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
At first I also thought that the price increase for the Elites seemed a lot given how little the health increase is, but the extra health also makes it more likely you'll be able to get off Fury attacks, and with the improved damage surge, that's quite a bit more offensive potential.

thats a great point I hadn't thought of. Having Fury and 8 health left is a nice advantage and does really allow you to take full advantage of that extra surge point of damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
CitizenFry wrote:

The Elites are perfectly balanced, Right on par with other Elites of its kind.

It's the gray's that are problematic, they have 1 HP too much. Especially since they really didn't need to. Rebels would use a 4pt body with 10 hp front liner regardless. Gives Gaarkhan some solid backup.

Actually Gaarkhan is a perfect example of why it should have been 10 hp. Since he has 10 Hp for 8 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Échec et Malt
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we look at the Imperial Royal Guard, I think these wookies are well balanced for the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.