Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Gregg14
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play through an entire deluxe expansion and the subsequent adventure packs with the same six heroes (I play solo: two handed). It nicely replicates the "saga" feel on a smaller level. I do change player cards in and out of the decks when necessary.

I just wrapped up the first eight nightmare versions of KD and the DD cycle. I was feeling good until I got to the ninth and final quest: Nightmare Shadow and Flame. Needless to say the Balrog torched me... multiple times.

so... here is the challenge. How would you build decks that can beat nightmare Shadow and Flame using the following six heroes? (no swapping!)

The Grey Company in Moria:

Tactics Aragorn
Halberad
Elrohir
Beravor
Elladan
Idraen

I've tried a lot of different approaches, but my epic journey keeps ending in death!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aragorn, Elladan, Idraen | Halberad, Elrohir, Beravor

I would probably try a bunch of resource generation (3x Steward of Gondor, of course, plus other stuff) with defensive attachments, i.e. 3x Shield of Gondor, 3x Dúnedain Warning, 3x Blood of Númenor, 3x Cloak of Lórien, 3x Protector of Lórien, plus Cards that grant Sentinel (i.e. 3x Elven Mail, 3x Dúnedain Signal), distributing the cards between both decks, to make it more likely to get them quick.

Then, of course, 3x Song of Wisdom and 3x A Burning Brand plus other means of canceling shadow effects (3x Hasty Stroke, 3x Dúnedain Watcher).

Try to build Elrohir up as your "super defender" (Steward of Gondor!).

3x Feint, 3x Ranger Spikes, 3x Secret Paths, 3x Lembas, 3x Cram, 3x Unexpected Courage, 3x A Test of Will, ... and a bunch of cheap allies with decent Willpower.

I would probably try something like that ...

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.