Subject: Scenario triggers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do they have to trigger in order? Ex: if I find a 2 symbol before a 1, do I keep going until I find a 1, trigger than and then find a second tile with a 2 symbol to trigger that effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metal134 wrote:
Do they have to trigger in order? Ex: if I find a 2 symbol before a 1, do I keep going until I find a 1, trigger than and then find a second tile with a 2 symbol to trigger that effect?

The Numbers are only there to distinguish a difference! (It usually also means in order of importance as well as frequency of trigger, more 1's than 2's more 2's than 3's)

So, to answer your question specifically, No, you don't trigger them in order, you Trigger them AS they are Explored!

As soon as you trigger a Scenario 2 Trigger Room, trigger the appropriate thing!

However, some scenarios DO want you to Trigger those Specific Triggers in order, because sometimes, a specific part of a Symbol triggers only once.

Such as...

Fake Example:

Scenario Trigger 1 (1st time: DO THIS) (2nd time: DO THAT) (3rd time: DO THIS) each additional time after it does THIS (or nothing)

Let me know what other questions you might have!

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gunsch
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
We had a problem more with if a scenario trigger keeps happening. We kept hitting the 1 symbol trigger until we were all cursed then we'd get rid of it and immediately get cursed again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enemycoke wrote:
We had a problem more with if a scenario trigger keeps happening. We kept hitting the 1 symbol trigger until we were all cursed then we'd get rid of it and immediately get cursed again.

If you have a Status effect, you can't get a second one of the same exact kind. If you already lost it, you certainly can get it again devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
using this same example. I just defeated the first scenario. My question to this is. I get that everytime 1* triggers you roll vs curse in the scenario. everytime do you set up the room for triggers *2 and *3 even if you already have the artifacts for the game?

Am I understanding that correctly or do you ignore the trigger if you already have them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
using this same example. I just defeated the first scenario. My question to this is. I get that everytime 1* triggers you roll vs curse in the scenario. everytime do you set up the room for triggers *2 and *3 even if you already have the artifacts for the game?

Am I understanding that correctly or do you ignore the trigger if you already have them?

For this scenario Yes! For other scenarios this varies!

Thanks!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.