Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Congress of Gamers No-Ship Math Trade [Rockville Maryland, September 26 2015] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a no-shipping math trade held at the Congress of Gamers in Rockville Maryland, on Saturday, September 26, 2015.

This geeklist is for posting games that you are interested in trading away. Please see the discussion thread for complete rules. Please subscribe to the discussion thread so you can be notified of any changes that may occur.

Follow this link to post your own games that you might want to trade.
Discuss and ask questions about this trade here. The full rules are also here. You may also request games from other traders here. There will not be a separate request list for this trade.

Timeline (all times Eastern Time):

Open for posting games: Now
Deadline for posting games: Monday, September 14, 10:00pm Eastern
Deadline for want list submissions: Monday, September 21, 10:00pm Eastern
Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Monday, September 14, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Monday, September 21, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
%End%

The actual trade will take place at the convention on Saturday, September 26. We will be using one of the vendors to facilitate the trades. Please drop off your games that trade before 2:00pm and then pick up your games after 2:00pm. You may also make other arrangements with your trading partners. If you or your proxy are not present and you do not make other arrangements, you will be responsible for all shipping costs to send and receive the games you traded.

Rules:

1. You must subscribe to this thread to be informed of changes.

2. Please describe your items as fully as possible, including publisher, edition, language, completeness and condition of the game. It is NOT enough to include a picture and say "as pictured," because this does not provide enough information for your fellow traders. Err on the side of too much information. Remember that you want people to pick your items, and the more information they have the more likely they will put your items on their want lists. But don't write a book for each game. Long disclaimers are not pleasant to read either.

3. The Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be used for this trade since it reduces errors and makes generating want lists so much easier. However I will also accept manual submissions by geekmail if you cannot use the OLWLG. One of the benefits of using the OLWLG is that it makes adding games from your BGG "Trade List" very easy. I am available to answer questions and there are guides on how to use it here on the geek. Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support.

4. Board games, Video Games, RPG items, and geek gold are allowed. Gift certificates are allowed for vendors at the convention. Use the game item "Outside the Scope of BGG" for geekgold or gift certificates, and include an alternate title such as "+altname+250 geek gold-altname-" or "+altname+$50 gift certificate-altname-" in the description. These special tags make it easier to handle in the OLWLG.

5. All items in an offering are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (Power Grid) or a link to the game's page ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2651). Do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG. All items in a single geeklist item will trade as a single unit for all items in another geeklist item.

6. In the unlikely case that you've been reported as a bad trader, you should contact me before you participate.

7. It is ok to remove items that are errors or that have been traded away, until the deadline for submitting games has passed. After this deadline, the trade list will be locked and no further changes will be possible. However, you can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've changed your mind or traded it away elsewhere.

8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. Use of the OLWLG will hopefully reduce any such errors. In the case of problems after the results are posted, they will at most invalidate only the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire result set. In addition if a problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that will be the preferred course of action.

9. Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=74951, ITERATIONS=30, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions after you have a sense of what they are about. To get started, just add the games that you want to trade as items in this geeklist, one game per item. If you want to offer multiple games as one item (trading it as a bundle) you should add all of the game links to the same geeklist item.

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

If you need to learn about the online want list generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is generally easiest to use the OLWLG to add games to the trade list from either a previous math trade or your "for trade" collection. I have submitted this trade to use the OLWLG but you can use this link to add your games instead:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=1961...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't obvious, but in your announcements thread post, you didn't specify that this was a No-Ship math trade. I figured it was because of the location, but had to go to the links to verify it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20228723#20228723
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esok wrote:
It is generally easiest to use the OLWLG to add games to the trade list from either a previous math trade or your "for trade" collection. I have submitted this trade to use the OLWLG but you can use this link to add your games instead:

I keep getting "Invalid Action" when I do this. ARGH!!! What am I doing wrong!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some games I'd like to add to the Congress of Gamers Library:

Egizia
Keyflower
Lords of Waterdeep
Ora et Labora
Troyes
Concordia
Goa
Village
Navegador

Oh, and I'm happy to add anything from my BGG Marketplace, if you let me know it's a key interest. Way too many (800?) titles for me to list them all. I could put them in the B&B (you'd only save shipping costs), in the Math Trade, or both.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/user/Eric%20Engelma...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
It wasn't obvious, but in your announcements thread post, you didn't specify that this was a No-Ship math trade. I figured it was because of the location, but had to go to the links to verify it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20228723#20228723

Ok, Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:
esok wrote:

I keep getting "Invalid Action" when I do this. ARGH!!! What am I doing wrong!!!

Perhaps the OLWLG is down? I tried it just now with mixed results; when I tried it first it didn't work then I tried it again and it worked. You could also try using the link directly from the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG is a complex piece of software that has many features. I am going to post tips (as I think of them) to make use of it better.

Tip of the day:

You can specify different preferences in your profile page. The icon for this at the top of the OLWLG page is the little gold person icon.

Here is the link: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/profile.cgi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I'm interested in trading for:

Colt Express
Discoveries
Mysterium
Robinson Crusoe Promos: Beach Cards, Sailor Character, Gamer Character, possibly other stuff
DC Promos: Joker, Bane, Gotham City Docks
Imperial Assault: Twin Shadows, Boba Fett, C3PO & R2D2, possibly other figures
Theseus the Dark Orbit
Fortune and Glory
and to a lesser degree the new 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Books

also, if you are interested in a copy of Tales of the Arabian Nights with upgraded painted miniatures PM me. I not quite ready to put it up for trade, but I could be talked into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
Oh, and I'm happy to add anything from my BGG Marketplace, if you let me know it's a key interest. Way too many (800?) titles for me to list them all. I could put them in the B&B (you'd only save shipping costs), in the Math Trade, or both.

Would you care to trade your Shards of the Throne for something I just listed in the math trade; for Quicksilver perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:

Could you add Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I added the Shards and TTR Nordic I have, and you wanted, to the trade list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I hope we end up trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:
I added the Shards and TTR Nordic I have, and you wanted, to the trade list

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen a number of items that are unintended duplicates or otherwise not for trade any longer. In order to not clutter up the trade, please go ahead and delete any item that is no longer for trade. It will not mess anything up! Once the trade is locked down next Monday it will no longer be possible to delete items but you can always submit a blank want list for that item if you decide you don't want to trade it.

Good luck to everyone! I'm pleased with the turnout so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Aurelio
United States
Desoto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's close to the end of adding games, but the main games I'm intersted in trading for are:

Star Wars: Imperial Assault
Galaxy Trucker
Lords of Waterdeep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deadline for putting games into the trade is 10pm tonight. You still have time to enter if you haven't done so yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spiegel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good god I'm drooling over here looking at all the games
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is adding right now. Antiquity! Roads and Boats! Indonesia! Oh my!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll leave the submissions open for a little while since so many are actively adding games right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've locked the list and opened submissions! You have one week until they are due. Please ask questions if you need help with the OLWLG, the earlier the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the wants list, each item has a bank field in which to input a number. Am I correct that the inputted number refers to our rank order value of the game, meaning that we should enter 1 for our most desired game, 2 for 2nd most, and so on, or is that input field meant for something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolmew wrote:
In the wants list, each item has a bank field in which to input a number. Am I correct that the inputted number refers to our rank order value of the game, meaning that we should enter 1 for our most desired game, 2 for 2nd most, and so on, or is that input field meant for something else?

I'm not sure, but I thought this was an interesting question. Here's a quote from the wiki page...
"Ordering Your Wants, Relationship to Priorities

In step 3 when you "add" an item there is an "Optional value" you can specify an integer value, and in step 4 under the 2nd (Game) column for each item there is a small unlabeled text box to assign/edit these values.

To be clear... they are not "priorites".... the are relative "values" which are only relevant to you and overriding the default OLWLG sorting. If the math trade were using priorities then priorities would be assigned based on both the type of priorities being used and the relative position of the wants on an item by item basis. The OLWLG doesn't deal with priorities, that's the job of the trade resolver (TradeMaximizer).

The sorting order from primary key downwards is:

. your assigned "values" from highest to lowest, with items w/no values treated as if they had a value of 0 (negative values are allowed by the way)
. number of boxes checked in the row for each item. in "general" this pushes up items you value more because you are willing to trade more of your items for a given wanted item. Obviously this works best for folks with more items in the math trade (and is worthless to someone w/only one item).
. the number of all users on BGG (not just in the math trade) who have the item marked "want in trade"**
. the number of all users on BGG (not just in the math trade) who have the item marked "wishlist"**
** = this value is from the game's page (via the bgg xml api) and is cached by the olwlg for this math trade (both for performance and so the values stay stable for the duration of the math trade). You can see both these values for each item in step 3"

***EDIT- So I think that says that it's only a sorting tool for you and NOT some mathematical wizardry the program does.

BUT I am fulling willing to be told I'm wrong. Someone else have a better answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The OLWLG is not letting me submit my wants, anyone else having this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Aurelio
United States
Desoto
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two copies of Battlestar Galactica that are marked new. I want to get one, but I don't want to end up getting two copies of the same game. Do I just chose one and hope everyone else selects the other, or do I select both and hope that in the resolving I don't end up with both copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bjaurelio wrote:
There are two copies of Battlestar Galactica that are marked new. I want to get one, but I don't want to end up getting two copies of the same game. Do I just chose one and hope everyone else selects the other, or do I select both and hope that in the resolving I don't end up with both copies?

Read this.

Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.