Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assigning damage question with an enemy with multiple attack values rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Wilborn
msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

Real quick, I have a Guadian Golems in play with an armor of 3 and a physical resistance. Basically this means that if I assign it damage from an attack with a value of 2, the Golems take no wound.

Now, I have just pulled a hydra with 3 different 2 power attacks. The rules say that each attack must be blocked separately and treated as a separate attack, but I can't find a rule that says I can only assign a specific unit dmg once per phase.

Certainly the GOlems can absorb one of the 2 power attacks, but can it absorb them all separately?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember where it is in the rules, but it is in there-- you can only assign damage to a given unit once per combat, even if (because of resistance) the first time doesn't wound it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in section 4b of the "Assign Damage Phase" on page 8. This is the section that deals with assigning damage to units that have resistances. It's pretty much the only place that rule could be.

If a Unit is assigned damage but does not get Wounded because of a resistance, it cannot be assigned damage again during the same combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Wilborn
msg tools
mbmb
THANK YOU!

I'm sorry I missed this, my eyesight is going apparently.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.