The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeved or unsleeved in binder? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Until now I've been sleeving my player cards and storing them in the core box, but it is starting to get annoying to sort through piles of cards, so I am going to try using a binder.

The Ultra Pro 3x3 binder page slots are large enough to hold sleeved cards, but I'm wondering if now might be a good time to unsleeve my cards, and only sleeve the cards in my current deck.

My questions are for anyone who uses a binder to store their player cards:

Do you keep your cards sleeved or unsleeved while in the binder?

If you keep your cards unsleeved in the binder, is it a hassle to sleeve them when you add them to a deck and unsleeve them again to put them back in the binder?

Do your cards suffer any wear and tear from constantly sleeving and unsleeving them?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just put all my player cards in ultra pro binders. They are all in ultra pro sleeves as well. I have managed to get three cards in each pocket. However, once you have three on the pocket on the opposite side of the page, it gets a little tight. Not sure I will be able to fill the whole binder that way, but it currently works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK777 wrote:
I have just put all my player cards in ultra pro binders. They are all in ultra pro sleeves as well. I have managed to get three cards in each pocket. However, once you have three on the pocket on the opposite side of the page, it gets a little tight. Not sure I will be able to fill the whole binder that way, but it currently works.

I do 3 unsleeved card per slot, on both side of each page and it's VERY tight. I only sleeve my current decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve all of my cards and have just started putting them in binders as well (sleeved).

I only put one card per slot however. I understand that you can squeeze in 3 (sleeved).

I'm quite pleased with this approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ogden Morrow
United States
Canton
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banania wrote:

I do 3 unsleeved card per slot, on both side of each page and it's VERY tight. I only sleeve my current decks.

Which binder pages are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
JK777 wrote:
I have managed to get three cards in each pocket. However, once you have three on the pocket on the opposite side of the page, it gets a little tight.

It sounds as if you have pockets on both sides of your binder pages? The ultra pro pages I bought are just single sided.

I remember reading in another thread that three sleeved cards was a squeeze.

I'm thinking I'll try unsleeved to begin with but maybe leave my most commonly used cards sleeved to save myself some effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theGWN wrote:
banania wrote:

Which binder pages are you using?

I'd love to know this too. I want to binder SWLCG, LOTRLCG and Netrunner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Ultra pro binders.
http://www.philibertnet.com/fr/portfolio-et-classeurs/36811-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Nicol
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
banania wrote:

Interesting. I didn't realise that Ultra Pro's binders have double sided pages. I bought a 100 pack of their Platinum binder pages, which are single sided.

Since you store your cards unsleeved perhaps you can tell me if you notice any wear and tear on your cards from taking them I and out of the binder pockets and sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra pro platinum series 9 Pocket sheets can perfectly store three sleeved cards per pocket, not tight at all, provided you use ultra pro pro-fit sleeves.

Makes me happy meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.