Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Tried to find the answer myself but just found some conflicting statements.

Can the yin-yang power be used to request the help of a haunted village tile? Or must the village tile you are requesting help from not be haunted?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
No help from haunted villagers, I'm afraid. First unhaunt it, then you can get help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
No help from haunted villagers, I'm afraid. First unhaunt it, then you can get help.

Awesome that's what I thought. Thanks mate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormzors wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:

If you look at the artwork of a haunted tile, you should see nobody that could actually help you anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Stormzors wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:

If you look at the artwork of a haunted tile, you should see nobody that could actually help you anymore
Unless they use a YY to activate it remotely (nah... YY's are a Taoist thing only)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:
No help from haunted villagers, I'm afraid.

If you look at the artwork of a haunted tile, you should see nobody that could actually help you anymore.

I searched the rules earlier, and I couldn't find anything that said that you cannot request the aid of a villager whose village tile is haunted.

One can make the inference from the illustration (the the villager's image does not appear on the haunted side of its tile).

But it seems strange that the rules do not mention this fact at all (as far as I can tell).

I could imagine some players (without access to BGG) playing under the belief the the haunting of village tiles is only a factor in affecting how players lose the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:

If you look at the artwork of a haunted tile, you should see nobody that could actually help you anymore.

I searched the rules earlier, and I couldn't find anything that said that you cannot request the aid of a villager whose village tile is haunted.

One can make the inference from the illustration (the the villager's image does not appear on the haunted side of its tile).

But it seems strange that the rules do not mention this fact at all (as far as I can tell).

I could imagine some players (without access to BGG) playing under the belief the the haunting of village tiles is only a factor in affecting how players lose the game.
FWIW, the Ipad version implements it such that selecting a YY tile on a haunted village will just unhaunt it. It won't give you the option of activating that tile instead of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:

There are a lot of things the rulebook does not mention

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Anduin wrote:
Boscrossos wrote:

It's on page 3, under "Village Tiles (A)":

"The front of each tile represents the place with its owner (called an active site); the back represents the place without its owner (called a haunted site)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lisa01 wrote:

It's on page 3, under "Village Tiles (A)":

"The front of each tile represents the place with its owner (called an active site); the back represents the place without its owner (called a haunted site)."

This does not really tell you if you can use the Yin-Yang only on an active site or also on a haunted site. Not even the Yin-Yang segment is explicit about it, even though I think the intention is clear.

Heres the excerpt:
"Each Taoist has one particularly valuable asset: the Yin-Yang. Using his Yin-Yang allows the Taoist to get help from any villager without having to be on that villager’s tile, OR it allows the Taoist to turn a haunted tile back to its active side, bringing the villager back."

It tells you that with YY you get help from a "villager" not from a "village tile", and that on a non-active tile, there is no villager (you first have to bring him back). So, the intention is clear, but it could really be more specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.