Tiago Ali de Oliveira Bueno
Brazil
Campinas
São Paulo
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last day of the year, no better day to save the world, or, at least, Arkham.
Me and my wife and a couple of friends tried to do so, and at the begining of the game, we saw something was wrong. Cthuhu himself began to stir in his deadly slumber.
I was the photografer, my wife was the dilletant, Leonardo was the drifter and Patricia was the Scientist.
A good start, as my wife started with an Elder Sign and the first gate tried to open at the Science building but the scientist reality stabilizer prevented the very first gate to open. In a first round without gates nor monsters, we began to collect clue tokens.
My wife also quickly gathered five clue tokens and gone through a gate and sealed it using clue tokens, and everything appeared all right, but then each new portal began summoning a monster as powerfull as the monster before and everything begans to change.
We were not unprepared for the battle, but the monster that appeared were very, very powerfull, two dark youngs and a Shogott. Then the Rumor that put a monster spawer on Miskatonic streets appeared and we lost a big deal of time trying to defeat all monsters inside it, including a Star Spaw and a Hound of Tindalus.
My wife, still having a Elder Sign, did not manage to close another gate, because she could not get to it, she managed to get another Elder Sign that she passed to Patricia. I was beating up monster after monster in the Miskatonic Streets, but at no moment I was able to kill the Star Spaw, even with my Sword of Glory, and another Star Spaw apperead at the Miskatonic Streets.
Situation on middle game was not defined. We had one sealed gate and two Elder Signs, but the streets were full of monsters and the terror level was raising steadly. Riots on the Miskatonic University rendered me and Patricia delayed at a critical point at the Rumor going on and the monsters on Miskatonic streets were unleashed increasing the Terror level immediatly to ten. Just after that two Monster Surges, we thinked the game was over for us, but then, the Feds appeared, and the could take some breath.
Patricia finally managed to seal another gate, but my wife gets the worse as when she already was in Other Worold, the Enviroment that presents any gate of being closed or sealed presented itself, along with another couple of Monster Surges. My wife returned to Arkham in a Gate she could not seal and surronded by Monsters that sent her to the hospital.
At the hospital, she passed the Elder Sign to me, but I coould not enter the gate and returned to the Hospital, where I passed the Elder Sign to Patricia. She finally managed to seal our third portal. But it was to late, No monsters in the cup and another Monster Surge. Two much noise for Great Cthulhu to sleep. It awakened and quickly smashed us all.
In this game, the stars were right for him, for we all had to much bad luck with the dice and encounters. End of the game 23:50, time to celebrate the new year, if the great Cthulhu did not awakened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.