Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogers
Mexico
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play this game often, but every time I do, I tell the AI "use the default deck" and every time, it will have random mercenaries or expansion cards included. I'm not sure how this happened. Any thoughts? I would really prefer to know my opponent's deck make-up before I play, and this prevents that strategic level from being available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogers
Mexico
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It also appears that I can't select any but these flawed "default" decks when I am choosing the AI's deck. I must be doing something incorrectly. Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas PDX
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It used to be that the AI was playing with the actual base decks. But a while back (can't remember exactly when), Playdek changed this and now you always get a few random cards. So yes, in that sense the AI decks are not "default".

I guess these random cards add an element of surprise. But it also creates decks with suboptimal card combinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI selects from a list of decks for each faction. The AI doesn't peek at what you have in your deck, so this balances the playing field.

The decks in the list were taken from the deck building series that was posted in the Plaid Hat Games forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogers
Mexico
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there no way to play against the default decks with the AI? That's kind of strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The default decks are included in the list to select from, so they will be used some of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.