Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner and I love Pandemic and love the concept of a Legacy game of it, but it's doubtful that we'll have a regular group beyond just us two for it. The game says it plays 2 to 4, but do you guys think it'll be worth getting if we do only ever play with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how popular the base game was for couples, I imagine that it's been playtested to work at that number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played pandemic a dozen times with only 2 players.

Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zub3ri wrote:
My partner and I love Pandemic and love the concept of a Legacy game of it, but it's doubtful that we'll have a regular group beyond just us two for it. The game says it plays 2 to 4, but do you guys think it'll be worth getting if we do only ever play with 2?

play 2 characters each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's anything like regular Pandemic then yes for sure. I probably have the MOST fun with Pandemic as a couples' game - we never bother with 2 characters each but because of the Legacy element that might be a better way to go here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the idea of playing 2 characters each. I don't know why I didn't think of that since we actually play several other games that way (notably Sentinels of the Multiverse). Thank you guys a lot. You have renewed my enthusiasm for getting this. I've been looking forward to it all year but as the time draws near my anxiety had me looking for reasons it might not live up to the hype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiona Dickinson
United Kingdom
Horley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zub3ri wrote:

I'm really keen to know this too.

From a financial perspective - a game that will be over in 10-20 plays is much easier to justify for a group of 4 than a group on 2...I think I'm going to work hard to get a group of 4 together before release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Comfort
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as only 12-24 plays. I only have 20 games that I've played (and logged) more than 10 times. Even if I only get 18 plays out of this, I'm sure it will pay for itself. $50 for the, at 36 hrs of entertainment (for both of us) is about $1.50 an hour. Can't beat that.

Really looking forward to playing this with my wife.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.