Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

While the rules say yes & no:
Do you think a Garrison in a Walled Farm (for ex) can ignore a flag and survive?

Part of the rules:

• A Garrison block is eliminated if forced to retreat.
• Basic terrain rules do apply (in and outside) when a Garrison block is battling and when a Garrison block is being attacked
• A Garrison marker can never ignore a flag result of any reason

TY GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
I love all your new threads GG

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Rules/Expansion-5/new-game-mech...

Quote:
• Basic terrain rules do apply (in- and outside) when a Garrison block is battling and when a Garrison block is being attacked

refers to battle dice

• A Garrison block is eliminated if forced to retreat.
• A Garrison marker can never ignore a flag result of any reason

and a flag cant ignore for any reason means, this override the basic (battle) terrain rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

So why did they write this:

• Basic terrain rules do apply (in- and outside) when a Garrison block is battling and when a Garrison block is being attacked.

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
again,

- basic terrain rules apply for the number of battle dice (of both sides) only!

- Flags cant never ignored, so a marker is destroyed by any flag!

Ok, changed the rules/FAQ to

• Basic terrain rules do apply (in- and outside) to determine the number of battle dice, when a Garrison block is battling and when a Garrison block is being attacked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK TY

So 1/2 per die to be killed at range and 2/3 in melee.

I think they should have let those poor weak garrisons ignore a flag when permitted: it would had been simpler, more natural, and would not have changed the world no?

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garrisons allow you to hold objective banners without tying down full strength units; they are not meant to survive serious combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Garrisons allow you to hold objective banners without tying down full strength units; they are not meant to survive serious combat.

Recognize the right use of units is the key to play with a higher level skill and win more games whistle

Another example of an underrated and wrong played unit are the russian Cossacks.
They are primary not responsible to attacking enemys, except single block units, which hides itself in a forest
COS must be used to blocking LOS and/or enemy´s movement and hold down
INF into square or holding objective banners too (e.g).

Another example are the new rockets ART too. They are not primary not responsible to kill an enemy unit, their task is, to force back enemys (ART e.g.) from there position, because the enemys can´t ignore flags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it but still:

If they could have simply ignore a flag (as normal) inside a walled farm or church:

Attacked in melee by a 4 block infantry rolling 2 they still would have 75% chances of dying ... thus a very little chance of keeping the victory point one more turn (their job).

Everything is OK but it's still my old spirit of dreamed SIMPLE RULES ALLWAYS STAYING AT THE MINIMUM LOWEST COMPLEXITY LEVEL WHILE NEVER ADDING A SINGLE LINE OF TEXT IF NOT IMPERATIVELY AND OBVIOUSLY NEEDED that once upon the time attracted me to the C&C marvelous Richard Borg serie and allways haunt me from that day LOL!

Let's say I'm the "watchman" of CNN rules simplicity spite of myself ...

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.