Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it had a very high price a few years ago, but I can't find anything nowadays. So, if you are looking to sell a copy (lets say in good condition), how much can one expect to get for it?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the Geek's Price History feature: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/pricehistory/thing/...

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already did, but the last one was sold in 2012 and the price seems to jump pretty much, too.

Thanks for the idea, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Baader
Germany
Babenhausen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I'm trying to sell a copy now.

Just take a look at the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H8Man wrote:
I already did, but the last one was sold in 2012 and the price seems to jump pretty much, too.

Thanks for the idea, though!

Hallo,

I bought my Copy on e-bay for about 50,-€ . BUT - it is in GERMAN (which was good for me).

It is a Limited Edition produced by a Fan Community back in the 90ies. It is 100% compatible with the german Schmidt Spiele "Talisman - gemeinsam gegen Tod & Teufel" Edition. The Cards have the same Design (and Back printing) as the German Cards from Talisman I (Basic Game) and Talisman II (Dungeon), with perhaps minimal lighter Card strength.

In the same Design (also in German) You will probaly find also Talisman Adventure (never published in German) and Talisman Time Scape 8also never released in German).

I actually like the Dragon Expansion very much. It changes the game a bit, as there are many more Cards (weakening Characters like the Hobgoblin...). The Dragons are tough (weak Dragons STR 7, stronger Dragons STR 8 or STR 9).Some old Characters will Profit Playing "Dragons" (i.e. the Ranger +1 against Dragons, the Bard able to Charm Animals & Dragons to sleep...)
Some new Characters with Dragon themes ar includes - with good German translated Character Cards.

Instead of conquering the Crown of Command, the Goal is to kill the Dragon King, sitting there. I did NOT like this end (it also weakens Characters strong in CRAFT).

We Play that way:
The Plain of Fire is the Dragon King's Home.
You can enter the plain of Fire WITHOUT a Talisman, but habe to fight the Dragon King (STR. 12 !)
You can enter the plain of Fire WITH a Talisman and the Dragon King will ignore You (at last we learn, why the Talisman was needed )

The Goal of the Game stays the same (Crown of Command, eliminate other Players with ist...).

So - Scout the Internet (I will check myself) and get Talisman Adventure & Talisman Dragons in german - it`s worth it and 50,-€ seemd fair to me (compared to horrendous Prices for the English Version - with the usual bad Card Quality...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Reinhard,

I am aware of those german versions, but I would never support it (I own the originals, though), as it's not official and for sure not limited. I wouldn't be suprised if he prints them on demand.

The guy who sells them is just filling his very own pocket without having any rights to do so. Making a german print & play version public is one thing, but making money out of it, is something completely different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H8Man wrote:
Hi Reinhard,

I am aware of those german versions, but I would never support it (I own the originals, though), as it's not official and for sure not limited. I wouldn't be suprised if he prints them on demand.

The guy who sells them is just filling his very own pocket without having any rights to do so. Making a german print & play version public is one thing, but making money out of it, is something completely different.

Hi Andreas,

thanks for that Info. Although I am happy to have that "German Version" and there is no original German Talisman Dragon I am a bit shocked and I agree, that such Piracy should not be supported... I thought, that - at the high time of Talisman - there might have been some permission for a fanatic Fan Club to produce a translation - as GW did not bother to print a german Version, and the policy was different then.

I think I even read something like that, and not necessarily from "that Guy" as You name him.´

Nowadays it is indeed totally unthinkable that GW would give any permission (I think they even criticised contributions on GBB concerning their games...). Combined with the VERY GOOD condition of thos "old fan Project translations" I have my doubts too, that it might be piracy...

Thanks for this Info

greetings, Reinhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.