4 Posts

Dien Bien Phu: The Final Gamble» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quad 50s. Range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abel H
msg tools
mbmbmb
I absolutely love the game. The level of detail is so much better than other box games I own and have played. Very well thought out.

My question is about the Quad 50s being treated as standard artillery. Considering the distance of each hex, shouldn't they have a limitation indicative of a 50 cal as opposed to unlimited range like the mortars and artillery? If I missed that in the rules, let me know where it is. Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Abel[thread=Abellisa4][/thread]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Kanger
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your praise (please rate it )

The Quad 50 has unlimited range as all artillery in the game. Even if technically that would not be entirely correct, it is sufficient for all practical sense in the game. The French used it to spray an area from above, letting the bullets rain down as a metal rain.

Download rules 2.1b from here. Perfect for the Campaign game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel H
msg tools
mbmbmb
VietMinh Morale
Is the only way the VM morale goes down is when they replace losses? Or does it also go down when a division assaults?

I thought I had read somewhere assaults also took morale down a level and only through rest did it move back up.

Look forward to your response.

Abel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Morale is expended with despair (Rule 4.5c) and when you make divisional replacements (Rule 4.6d). Resting a unit can bring it back up one if it does not assault and two if it does not assault and is not adjacent to a French unit.

I'm citing the v2.1b rules posted here by the game designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.