Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!

Another one from "Too Soon" GG:

During our several first CCN #5 vassal sessions we noticed that most of the cards including a Leader (witch are great and welcomed to give back power ot our Empire Marshalls) ask the unit to be ATTACHED to the leader more than ADJACENT (7 on 9 in the exemple under):

We (stupid testers) clearly understood those conditions concerning some powerfull cards (like the 4 in the bottom of the picture). But we think (should we?) that it may had been "ATTACHED OR ADJACENT" for more of them (like the 3 in the middle) for the following (stupid?) reasons:

It implies such complicated conditions to use some of them (to be attached & to be infantry or cavalry only & to be at range or melee only & to be played before this or after that only) that we spend many time keeping them or underplaying them or throwing them away to move a Leader. Also because some of them can be used if adjacent or not we kept on reading them again and again (but this may be the learning curve).

OK when I'll translate them before printing I will have to resist the temptation to modify some card texts ...

devil

But even sticking with the official rules, I will certainly put some special tittles or even symbols to clearly differenciate the tactical cards asking to be ONLY ATTACHED to the leader from those allowing the unit to be ADJACENT too.

And have a Battlecry session sometime to time to rest our poor workers brains lol!

OK now you can kill me ... ninja

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a very helpful response here, but many rules are arbitrary - certainly any of these cards could be worded to allow a unit adjacent to a leader to have the effect. One thing to note, however, is that all of the cards shown that do not allow the effect to happen on a unit that is merely adjacent to a leader, are for situations where the unit could make a movement/follow on action to a hex that is no longer adjacent to a leader. The two cards that do allow the unit effected to be adjacent to a leader (Hold the Line Leader and Leader Unit Reform) both take place at times where the unit will be adjacent to the leader throughout the card's action being resolved (though could, later in the turn, move away by choice or circumstance). Not sure if that had anything to do with the reasoning in making the rules for each card as they are, but took a shot

For what it is worth, it is clearly stated on the cards when the condition is attached and when the condition is adjacent or attached - not something that must be looked up on a reference material. But, I know what you are saying - regardless the language, I don't read the fine print after playing a few times, and I'm sure I'll be doing some unintentionally illegal extras at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.