Hide
16 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: How to insert the party token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J W
msg tools
Ok, so maybe I'm mechanically challenged or something, but I honestly cannot figure out how to put the party token into its stand without meeting resistance / invariably damaging the token itself.

Rather than forcing it in (which I'm tempted to do at this point cry ), is there an easy way of setting up the party token in its stand?

It just doesn't seem like it's possible to do so, without severely compromising the integrity of the lower portion of the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slide it in by the corner at the base of the insert. I kinda wrecked both edges of mine too before I did that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuxGiant wrote:
Ok, so maybe I'm mechanically challenged or something, but I honestly cannot figure out how to put the party token into its stand without meeting resistance / invariably damaging the token itself.

Rather than forcing it in (which I'm tempted to do at this point cry ), is there an easy way of setting up the party token in its stand?

It just doesn't seem like it's possible to do so, without severely compromising the integrity of the lower portion of the token.

use a butterknife and pry the stand open a bit, then slide the token in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:
JuxGiant wrote:

But not too far, it's a cheap stand and will break before it gives much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cracked my base trying to get the token in. It's holding together but not for much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marstiller wrote:
I cracked my base trying to get the token in. It's holding together but not for much longer.

As did I, but I had previously sent away for this party token from Shapeways which when painted makes a much better game statement:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/6AEC5QAYR/role-playing-coun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:

... and it was my stand that split into two pieces.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boil a cup of water, submerge the stand, retrieve stand carefully as water is very hot, stick a butter knife into slot and then run under cold water with knife still in stand.

Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebobymon wrote:
Boil a cup of water, submerge the stand, retrieve stand carefully as water is very hot, stick a butter knife into slot and then run under cold water with knife still in stand.

Done.

Or... Raid your Legends of Andor game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if you could just use something like these: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/137105

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I carefully put a large nail into the stand, which spread the halves apart just enough to get the party token in without any damage either to the token or the stand. I then pulled the nail out, and voila!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

Been there, done that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
porghar wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

Been there, done that

Ugh, me too. Actually, I had already gotten the token it in the stand without breaking anything or damaging the token too visibly, and I was just inching it to the center when the stand cracked. It's still holding together for now, but I expect it to break through eventually. I wish I had thought of the boiling water trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use rahdo's runthrough penguin or a paper clip for thick piles of paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jakab

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I folded a piece of paper in half, put the token into the fold, and slid that into the base; the paper worked as a guide and protected the token from tearing. I then tore off most of the paper, slid the token to the side (but not out of the base), removed the rest of the paper, and slid the token back to the center.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the FFG plastic stand, it's a little tight and leave marks but no worst than the one that comes with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.