Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game collectible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Dimalanta
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I was really looking forward to this game, but I just noticed there are booster packs and fat packs on amazon. Is this game collectible like Magic, so you have to buy blindly to get the stuff you want or is this a self contained board game with expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Self-contained, with expansions. No randomization. The name / branding is going to make it tricky because lots of other stuff will clutter your amazon searches (i.e. MtG the card game stuff)

EDIT: the core set is the only thing available currently, with first expansion coming in January apparently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The developers have definitively said that there will be no blind buys for this game.

Right now, only the core game is available. If you're looking at boosters and fat packs, its almost certainly for the MtG card game, not this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one expansion for the Arena of the Planeswalkers board game is called BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR, coming out approx. January 2016. This shares the same name with the large expansion for the Magic ccg, releasing October 2015, with all the boosters, intro packs, fat pack, & event deck options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please give us a link to these blind listings? I suspect you might be looking under MtG the cardgame instead of the boardgame/miniature game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Could you please give us a link to these blind listings? I suspect you might be looking under MtG the cardgame instead of the boardgame/miniature game.

He definitely is. I got an email about pre-ordering "Zendikar" and it was all about the card game.

Don't worry OP; it's pre-set packaging; not blind at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.