Popular Tags: [View All]
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello there,

I'm looking to make those awful tokens into dice.
I asked a friend that works with Photoshop to make the test and see how it will work to send at a printer.
Anyone has any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely don't wait until the game comes out to form an opinion of it and come up with ideas of how to upgrade the components. That would be way too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
hello there,

I asked a friend that works with Photoshop to make the test and see how it will work to send at a printer.
Anyone has any ideas?

Yeah

Get some indented dice from thegamecrafter.com: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/d6-indented-blank-white

Then you get some stickers: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/blank-dice-stickers

When you convert the chips to dice, just make sure that the two opposite sides are different symbols (3 sides of each). Then you can still flip and stack as envisioned by the game.

Edit: Although it sounds like each item you can buy in the game has its own token, so you'll probably need a few dozen of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked into custom poker chips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
topera wrote:
hello there,

Anyone has any ideas?

Yeah

Get some indented dice from thegamecrafter.com: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/d6-indented-blank-white

Then you get some stickers: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/blank-dice-stickers

When you convert the chips to dice, just make sure that the two opposite sides are different symbols (3 sides of each). Then you can still flip and stack as envisioned by the game.

Edit: Although it sounds like each item you can buy in the game has its own token, so you'll probably need a few dozen of them.

Thank you. I'll try that. About the itens, I didn't know about itens with own tokens... That's bad to keep track of each token for each item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heyyouyeahyou 12
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Definitely don't wait until the game comes out to form an opinion of it and come up with ideas of how to upgrade the components. That would be way too late.

I really don't understand everybody's hate of these tokens they haven't even tried! I got a chance to play this at GenCon and they were great. In fact, they were the stand out aspect of the game for my wife! Dice have been done a million times over; give something a try at least!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omegalife2002 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

I really don't understand everybody's hate of these tokens they haven't even tried! I got a chance to play this at GenCon and they were great. In fact, they were the stand out aspect of the game for my wife! Dice have been done a million times over; give something a try at least!

A token is just a 2-sided die. I agree, I don't see the big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on "converting" the tokens into D6s. Maybe I won't, but -- right now -- I just don't see how cardboard pogs are going to stand up to repeated play, whereas stickered dice (and the ability to just make more) seems like a no-brainer.

Of course, when FFG releases the dice-rolling app . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
omegalife2002 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

A token is just a 2-sided die. I agree, I don't see the big deal.

For me the issue is tokens don't roll very well. So to really randomise them you're going to have to throw them up in the air quite hard, and make sure you get them spinning too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They may not do much after they leave your hands, but you can still shake them up in your hands and randomize them just as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
ShallowThought wrote:
For me the issue is tokens don't roll very well. So to really randomise them you're going to have to throw them up in the air quite hard, and make sure you get them spinning too.

That's why I will be replacing the tokens with handcrafted confetti pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
They may not do much after they leave your hands, but you can still shake them up in your hands and randomize them just as well.

Really? Don't they just lay flat against each other and turn over all together (if at all)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShallowThought wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:

Really? Don't they just lay flat against each other and turn over all together (if at all)?

Not in my hands (and yes, I did get a chance to try the Runebound tokens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
ShallowThought wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:

Do you think this will work for people with smaller hands (children, Hobbits etc)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShallowThought wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:
ShallowThought wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:

Do you think this will work for people with smaller hands (children, Hobbits etc)?

No, and that was a complaint from a smaller lady who played with us. If you get a cup though, problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Get regular d6 in various colours (as many as you need tokens)
Make up a simple mat with boxes in matching colours,
place gained tokens into the boxes,
Roll dice and assign to boxes,
Odd = face side of token, even = reverse side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be replacing the tokens with shaved, tattooed hamsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
count me as another who is not looking forward to the tokens, and I also am hoping someone here on BGG comes up with a "dice solution" (and then posts it here)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
topera wrote:
... That's bad to keep track of each token for each item...

Not nearly as bad as doing it with dice. The specialized tokens have clear visual indications of their associations, plus an alpha numeric code for certainty, as evidenced below:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
topera wrote:

Not nearly as bad as doing it with dice. The specialized tokens have clear visual indications of their associations, plus an alpha numeric code for certainty, as evidenced below:

- what's on the other side?
- how many tokens/combos are we talking about, total? (do you know)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
topera wrote:

- what's on the other side?
- how many tokens/combos are we talking about, total? (do you know)

2 surge is on the other side (it shows it in the little circle are there). That's one of the things that will be harder on the die, is showing what is on the other side without having to pick it up.

Pretty sure there are three colors of gear, but I don't know exactly how many of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
HiveGod wrote:

Not when you shake-um up in a bucket and toss surprise

HiveGod.. A perfect solution to these godless- abominations
from FFG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 18 starting hero tokens.

There are 8 enemy tokens.

There are 34 equipment tokens.

Now not all tokens are unique, but since the ones that are not unique could end with the same hero, you would want to get a die for each, you are looking at 60 dice. I would imagine organizing 60 unique dice would be challenge.

Personally I am fine with the tokens. I think they will be a fun change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming surface is 100% flat and level. I plan on using the tokens, but I will buy 2 copies of everything so I can glue a magnet to the back of each token and still have both sides represented. I will lay the two magnet tokens side-by-side at a distance of 2 decimeters. Then I will place a steel cylinder equidistant between them, and whichever direction the cylinder rolls will be the token side to use.

Over time the magnetic properties of the tokens may change so I will calibrate them and adjust cylinder placement accordingly for future "flips."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.