Subject: Gonna snag this one rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Caudill
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Well as a new ASL player i spotted this game and was immediately interested. Well i am breaking down and snaggin a copy of this one.(Yanks will have to wait) My only real hang up with this game is the fact i don't have a very good wargaming community in my area (Montana) is there any plan to make this a VASSAL game?

thanks
MSC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
a VASSAL module is currently being built. Hopefully ready sometime in January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Caudill
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
sweet, better grab a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Caudill
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
and now i own it can't wait for it to get here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Alessi
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Peso Pete wrote:
I'm sure there will be. In fact, I think they have been discussing this on Consim recently. I preordered this game four months ago but somehow, the order never showed up on GMT's computer. They were nice enough to sell me a copy at the Pre-pub price and I'll have it here tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this one!

You had better luck than I did. I pre-ordered it, but didn't recieve it when I should have. Called them, they said my card must have been declined (which it shouldn't have been), and they'd get it charged in a few days. After I still wasn't charged by the time they said they would, I called back, at which point they said they were trying to get through the orders that were in before mine, so it wouldn't be shipped until sometime next week.

I wound up cancelling the order through GMT and got it cheaper from Boulder Games. I really would have rather supported GMT, but this is the second time they've messed up a P500 order of mine, and they didn't apologize or offer to expedite the order in any way. If I'm going to have to wait more than two weeks, I'd rather get it cheaper.

Fortunately, Boulder will have my copy here on Thursday, so hurrah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Anderson
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested in this game, but was wondering who I could find to play against. However, I also live in Montana - Helena to be exact. Maybe we can find some more Montana wargamers for some games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is simple enough to teach and learn, you should have no trouble nurturing some new gamers. I am playing the game with people that has never even seen a wargame boardgame before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
The game is simple enough to teach and learn, you should have no trouble nurturing some new gamers. I am playing the game with people that has never even seen a wargame boardgame before.

I agree, taught my father to play last night and we stayed up til almost midnight and he had only ever played 1 other wargame ( GWAS Plan Red). Really looking forward to a Vassal version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.