Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » General

Subject: Easy starting mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys
I've just started playing after watching a lot of the run through videos on offer.
People have referred to an easier starting mission for noobs..can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Played 2 crossfire missions and got severely roasted..love the game but I seriously need some help

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/shadowrun-crossfire-game/

scroll down to the demo kit cards
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Download SHADOWRUN: CROSSFIRE DEMO KIT MISSION: Ambulators

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/shadowrun-crossfire-game/

It is easy and short.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new "Introductory"-level mission in High Caliber Ops. I can't remember which it is off the top of my head, but I THINK it might be the elf-themed Against the Ancients.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cuthbert
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot guys..lost the first game but then secured my first win on the 2nd run

I just can't see how I can secure a crossfire win? I would have been toast if I played a 3rd scene!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
papafuzzylugs wrote:
Thanks a lot guys..lost the first game but then secured my first win on the 2nd run

I just can't see how I can secure a crossfire win? I would have been toast if I played a 3rd scene!


Luck.

... To be fair, not JUST Luck, but it's a major part of it. Learn "How to play the game the RIGHT way", play to win, and hope you don't lose regardless.

Most people who aren't me on these forums seem to win quite a lot once they get the "How to play the game the RIGHT way" down. Those people who are me manage to lose constantly, regardless of strategy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatfrito wrote:
There's a new "Introductory"-level mission in High Caliber Ops. I can't remember which it is off the top of my head, but I THINK it might be the elf-themed Against the Ancients.

If Against The Ancients is an introduction missions, then that's just so wrong according to Shadowrun lore. The Ancients are one of the biggest gangs in Seattle, and should not be dealt with by newbs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
Greatfrito wrote:
There's a new "Introductory"-level mission in High Caliber Ops. I can't remember which it is off the top of my head, but I THINK it might be the elf-themed Against the Ancients.

If Against The Ancients is an introduction missions, then that's just so wrong according to Shadowrun lore. The Ancients are one of the biggest gangs in Seattle, and should not be dealt with by newbs.


Just checked, and I can confirm: "Against the Ancients" is listed as an Introductory-level mission.

Nobody ever said this game was good for the lore. :-P
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Greatfrito wrote:
papafuzzylugs wrote:
Thanks a lot guys..lost the first game but then secured my first win on the 2nd run

I just can't see how I can secure a crossfire win? I would have been toast if I played a 3rd scene!


Luck.

... To be fair, not JUST Luck, but it's a major part of it. Learn "How to play the game the RIGHT way", play to win, and hope you don't lose regardless.

Most people who aren't me on these forums seem to win quite a lot once they get the "How to play the game the RIGHT way" down. Those people who are me manage to lose constantly, regardless of strategy.

Well, I am you then
My brother and I played it for 10 hours last weekend (!) and we were sort of pissed the whole time and whined about that the game is broken. But somehow yet we wanted to play it over and over again haha.

To me, playing with ALL the correct rules, which I guess a lot of people miss, it is damn hard to win the first mission! We won three times thumbsup, one of those wins before we got all the rules straight and the two others with a bit of "cheat" on the first Obstacle flip, since we just said "ok, that's a lose, lets start over". Just like the first part of a computer game.

Even though it is really fun, it IS flawed IMHO.
To WIN, you must be lucky enough to:
1) NOT flip too many Obstacles that deal 2 damage to you. These enemies are almost always ALSO much tougher to kill. If you are unlucky to flip 3 enemies that deal 2 dmg each, you are severely toast 99 times out of 100. MAYBE you can try to run away.
2) flip enough Black market cards with healing abilites. Absolutely crucial.

We only played 2 player games, I might say. I can see how four player could perhaps manage better since there are more nice Assist combos available.

Or we are just plain stupid .. come to think of it, that is probably the case whistle

On top of that, I can't see how the high karma skills actually makes the character that much better. Ok, if you manage to spend 100+ Karma points, you might be better off, but that would take F-O-R-E-V-E-R if you don't cheat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
Greatfrito wrote:
There's a new "Introductory"-level mission in High Caliber Ops. I can't remember which it is off the top of my head, but I THINK it might be the elf-themed Against the Ancients.

If Against The Ancients is an introduction missions, then that's just so wrong according to Shadowrun lore. The Ancients are one of the biggest gangs in Seattle, and should not be dealt with by newbs.


Maybe... one could also say the boss hiring the runners isn't going to risk a team he has history with on a mission where they are likely to get easten alive and such a team would most probably turn it down anyway.. rubes don't know better yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.