Subject: Here's Hoping... Expasion Wishes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, yes, base SF set already comes with twice the characters that DC base set has, but moar please, am I right? Perhaps even the gender gap a bit, only two of the 15 heroes in the base are female, cards further in the main deck for Juri, Sakura and Rose. As for blokes, Dudley and Rolento are already featured with more than one card in the main deck.

As for stuff other than simply more cards, I wouldn't mind seeing for example Hero (as in blue from the main deck) and Super Power cards with Attack:, I think apart from one equipment (Balrog's Gloves), all other Attack cards everyone can buy are Villain cards. Then for each hero only, how about a Super, which would be like Ultra (can buy both), but it'd have more +Power, no Defense: (or at least not triggering Counter-Attack).

Finally, charge cards, which I thought about sorta akin to Teleport from Legendary. But in this case, you'd have to play the card on the table, it would do either nothing or little when played, but like Locations, it would remain in play instead of getting discarded. Then, on your next turn, if no foe had connected with an Attack (simulating losing your charging), it would give an enhanced effect. Maybe targetting one foe with an Attack twice, giving extra +Power, etc. Something to do with Stuns might also be cool, haven't given as much thought into how you might feature that in this game (make next Attack unblockable, but there's already Hugo) compared to mulling over charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Amaral
Canada
Cole Harbour
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Orozco
Mexico
flag msg tools
Yes please!

I loved this game and there's a lot of character I'd like to see.

I like the idea of charge cards and heroes with attack.

I would like to see "Parry" defend and next turn gain +1 power or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexTotec wrote:
I would like to see "Parry" defend and next turn gain +1 power or something like that.

SFIV had a Focus, where you could charge it up, it would absorb a single attack and potentially get a knockdown attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexTotec wrote:
Yes please!

I loved this game and there's a lot of character I'd like to see.

I like the idea of charge cards and heroes with attack.

Isn't that pretty much what's achieved by Defence cards that let you draw more than one card? Only this is more fixed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Orozco
Mexico
flag msg tools
Jlerpy wrote:

Isn't that pretty much what's achieved by Defence cards that let you draw more than one card? Only this is more fixed?

Doesn't have to be like this, it was just a suggestion of using parry as a different way of defense.

Or focus attacks that pass through defense cards but cost more to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It (Parry/Focus absorb) could be similar to charge, play it on the table, it remains in play until the start of your next turn, during that time you can discard it from play to activate Defense against one attack. If you don't absorb an Attack with it, maybe you get a buff on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Orozco
Mexico
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
It (Parry/Focus absorb) could be similar to charge, play it on the table, it remains in play until the start of your next turn, during that time you can discard it from play to activate Defense against one attack. If you don't absorb an Attack with it, maybe you get a buff on your next turn.

This sounds awosome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were plans for expansions, don't know if they're still going to make them. I assume not.

https://www.cryptozoic.com/articles/cryptozoic-announces-cap...

"Cryptozoic Entertainment™, the premier developer of original and licensed games, and Capcom U.S.A., Inc. today announced a new partnership to create a boxed card game based on several major Capcom® properties, including Street Fighter®, Final Fight®, Rival Schools® and Darkstalkers®. Each brand will be featured in the upcoming deck-building game, combing the action of all four and offering nearly unlimited gaming excitement."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really hoping for the Darkstalkers set. I went ahead and made some up myself for play until a formal edition comes out, if it ever does.

I do not know if this sold well enough for them to make more as did the DC and LotR versions did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Bishop
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
I was really hoping for the Darkstalkers set. I went ahead and made some up myself for play until a formal edition comes out, if it ever does.

I do not know if this sold well enough for them to make more as did the DC and LotR versions did.

I asked about expansions.
https://twitter.com/realadambishop/status/643818414520320000
It's never happening...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wilshusen

Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's to bad, I was really hoping they were going to make an expansion for Street Fighter. I think this was the best of the cerberus engine games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bane Kerr
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's a damn shame. Of the CE games I've played this was easily my favorite. I was really hoping for even a small box expansion so we could at least get the entire SF2 cast.

It's odd though, they had such plans for the Capcom stuff then cancelled them, then cancelled the final Hobbit expansion... have any of the non-DC Cerberus games done well? We got three LotR sets so I guess that one did. How's Naruto fairing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
how about some of the stuff from street fighter 2010
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Real shame...
At least they should release a mini-expansion with some of the signature moves (like Ken's Shoryuken) that they left aside on purpose for a future expansion.
Can't imagine Street Fighter without some of those moves... and that's what we have soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
or at least release the files as a PnP would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
or at least release the files as a PnP would be nice

Yep, though the pnp would have slightly different back covers (size, cutting, colours), and probably would be easily distinguished from the original cards. But yeah, at least that would be a kind deference to SF DBG owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awwww, Darkstalkers and Rival School would have been too cool. I was waiting around for a Darkstalkers expansion.
Bummer.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the release of SFV, would've been cool to get a new set for SFDBG, kinda like Fellowship of the Ring set followed by Two Towers (and then RotK), or the several DC sets you could mix and match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.