Penny Press» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2-Player Setup Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Leituga
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule: During the setup for a 2-player game, take 3 headlines cards to fill the board with the starting stories. Continue the game as per normal.

Hi there,

I don't usually post here, but after a short exchange of emails with Robert Dulkes, co-creator of Penny Press, I was encouraged to share my little setup variant for 2 players.

As the rulebook states, the general setup is to draw as many headline cards as there are players, to fill the board with the starting stories.

While the 2-player variant is meant to have both players constantly stepping on each others' toes, my playmate and I felt that the amount of starting stories was a bit constraining, especially if both headline cards only added 2 stories each.

So this variant suggestion is just a small tweak we came up with to slightly decrease the toe-stepping and speed up the rounds before going to print with the first edition. The drought of stories will eventually catch up as intended.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I need to give this a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.