Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mottainai» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are actions provided by your helpers the same as the task they are helping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Koon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into a situation where my opponent had a completed work that said, "Other players can not convert your task into prayer actions". They had a Potter task showing on my turn and I had a Potter helper.

So my question is the extra action my helper provided via their Potter task considered the same as their task. In other words, could I have converted my helpers action into a prayer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The helper provides an extra action for the task, so yes you are still doing actions converted from the opponent's task, and would not be able to do a prayer as any of the two actions when doing his task, only collect materials or craft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JadedGamer wrote:
The helper provides an extra action for the task, so yes you are still doing actions converted from the opponent's task, and would not be able to do a prayer as any of the two actions when doing his task, only collect materials or craft.

Although the rules (page 11) say, "Each action must be used," the designer has clarified that, if an opponent has Mask (the work that prevents conversion to Prayer), you may skip actions resulting from that opponent's tasks. That is, you are not compelled (for a Potter) to collect or craft with Clay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.