Carsten Ford
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am doing research for a book on the evolution of games at a distance (this is the subject in brief and in a few words, it will be more interesting than what i put here for bevity) through the way in which they were presented to players through their rulebooks. To accomplish this I am compiling knowledge and other research techniques to their rulebooks for these types of games from the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. So i need your help to complete my knowledge and sources to cite in addition to breadth of exposure to themes etc.

I ask that if you have a copy of these old rules, please scan and send me a pdf OR let me know where i can look for scans to accomplish the task i have laid out here to comlete this book.

As compensation for help and in thanks for your help in supplying a scan of one of these rulebooks, you will receive a printed copy of the book when it is published as well as a personal citation of your name in the acknowledgements page(s) for your help.

If you are the actual game company owner, author, or creator of those rules we could even allow you a brief article in a section reserved at the end of the book on your game and its contribution to game playing history.

I thank you for your attention,
Carsten

Ps. If there is a better location for this message please tell me (moderators please move it if needed).

Pps. If you know of another url where i can post fir help on this, please tell me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Under the paving stones, the beach
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KJC Games are still going, so you probably want to drop them an email- http://www.kjcgames.com/crime/index.php

The En Garde! crowd as well- http://www.engarde.co.uk/index.html#Top

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
Roll for it
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to contact Flying Buffalo Games. They ran pbm games in all three decades (and still do?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
I put together this handy chart for the sake of levity. To show board game growth by decade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.