United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to everything I've read, we can mix different sets together if we desire a more diverse set of maids for a game (like Dominion lets you do). For those of you who have backed the new Oktoberfest and the reprints, can any of you vouch for whether or not the cards can be mixed in with the the original printings of the first three?

I heard that they are changing the art and such. And I'm not sure about whether or not they have changed printers or paperstock, etc. I have the base set already in the first style printing and I'm concerned that I will no longer be able to mix sets together if any of sets 2 - 4 end up coming from the reprint.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I know of that has changed is the size of the type font. Everything else should remain unchanged as Arclight is very strict on how the cards look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gustafsson
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked and the Oktoberfest cards are slightly smaller than the first 3 sets. The card backs are fine color wise but the card size is very noticeable when un-sleeved. It makes Oktoberfest incompatible with other versions on Tanto if mixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened a fresh copy of Tanto 1 and Okktoberfest. The cards are identical to each other. Same EXACT size. The border on the card front is not identical, but I can't tell a difference between the cards on the backside, where it counts.

My Tanto 1 is the new printing, so either that's why, or I got luckier than you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanfearious wrote:
I just checked and the Oktoberfest cards are slightly smaller than the first 3 sets. The card backs are fine color wise but the card size is very noticeable when un-sleeved. It makes Oktoberfest incompatible with other versions on Tanto if mixed.

That's disappointing. Now I have to buy sleeves since I own the first 3 original prints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.