Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of Boost Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Butt
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Where the Race Phase does not have a set turn order, can a player play a card that is not phase specific (as an example, Greek Fire) just after another player plays a dice to move forward into a square but before they move (in this example, causing them to take damage)? Or does an action need to fully resolve (placing a die, then resolving what it produces) before a Boost card can be played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarquisMark wrote:
Where the Race Phase does not have a set turn order, can a player play a card that is not phase specific (as an example, Greek Fire) just after another player plays a dice to move forward into a square but before they move (in this example, causing them to take damage)? Or does an action need to fully resolve (placing a die, then resolving what it produces) before a Boost card can be played?

Greek Fire IS phase specific, as stated by the card: "Playable during the Venting Phase only"

None of the cards playable outside the Venting Phase involve player interaction. Hope that helps!

Keep rollin' sixes,

Gavan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Butt
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ah! I remembered the card from having played it for the first time last night but I guess I didn't remember the wording specifically and I'm at work so I couldn't check to be sure! That makes sense though from a design perspective.

Thanks for the super-quick reply, LOVE the game so far, looking forward to playing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.