9 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event cards : spawning genestealers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pepsi Twist
England
flag msg tools
Hi guys, maybe it's been asked but I couldn't find it.
When an event card tells you to spawn Genestealers, do they spawn from your blip piles or the Genestealer deck?
The only thing I could find in the rulebook suggests they come from the blip pile but since that's the most beneficial option for me, part of me thinks I might be playing it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
Always, always spawn from the corresponding blip pile, no matter why you are asked to spawn. (only one exception, using the Tyranid deck expansion, in one case)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blip piles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that it is the "most beneficial" is debatable, depending on the situation of the board

But yes, they spawn from the blip piles. There are a couple of cards that make you add cards from the deck to the blip piles, but not directly on terrain cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blip pile on the side where the genestealer is spawned, unless specifically instructed otherwise. (I think there's one event card that puts genestealers into play from the deck.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
Carthoris wrote:
The blip pile on the side where the genestealer is spawned, unless specifically instructed otherwise. (I think there's one event card that puts genestealers into play from the deck.)

I fear that's not correct. The event "The swarm" (x2) will tell you to add 2 blips to both blip piles, but you'll spawn from the blip piles, as usual.

There's only one case so far, in which you use the deck to place enemies in play, and that's when the Hormagaunt effect (from the Tyranid deck) triggers. Otherwise, always from the blip pile(s).
Maybe it's worth noting also that when you draw an event like "Out of thin air", which forces you to spawn 2 genestealers behind one marine, you must choose to spawn 2, if able: you cannot choose to spawn from a blip pile that contains 1 blip if the other one has more than one. The events must be fulfilled as much as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
OP, I found the paragraph you're looking for in the rulebook, pages 21-22:

Note that some card abilities spawn Genestealers.
These abilities may spawn Genestealers in positions that do not contain Terrain cards.
Important: Spawning Genestealers are always drawn from the blip pile on the side on which they are being spawned. If the blip pile on that side is empty, then the Genestealer is not spawned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepsi Twist
England
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure those hard earned victories were earned properly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frosty Coo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the question. I was just looking for the answer to this. And since I spawn from the blip pile I won!! And I was about to be mAuled at the gene stealer lair. I was down to my last two guys surrounded by 9 gene stealers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.