Archaeology: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Good way to shuffle extra cards in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atsushi Kojima
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
First of all, I hope I got the rule right. It states that we deal the artifact cards first to players/market/pyramid then shuffle appropriate number of sandstorm/map/thief cards into the draw deck.

There was an occasion where we had a bunch of sandstorms and thiefs didn't show up til the near end of the game and it all was grouped up almost one after another.

And I have to say that process of shuffling those extra cards back in the deck was a bit tedious as I have to make sure it's all random yet not favouring either side of the deck.

Is there a way to make this process more pleasant and to proven to give players nice balanced game play experience?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's right. Sometimes the sandstorms and thieves do end up somewhat clumped, that's the nature of shuffling and randomness, and in this game the answer is to be prepared!

You could try a less random shuffling technique, like dealing all the cards out into a few piles, then stacking the piles, a couple of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurgen Koller
Australia
Cherrybrook
NSW
flag msg tools
Great Underground Empire
badge
Explorer
mbmbmbmbmb
I shuffle the maps, sandstorms and thieves and give this deck to someone. I grab the other deck and the two of us alternate in putting cards face down into a single deck: a few treasure cards to every one from the map/sandstorm/thief deck. Afterwards I give that final deck a light shuffle. I find this works well and quite painless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atsushi Kojima
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks both!

I like the idea of cutting. Will definitely try that out next time I play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.