Subject: Some questions about patents and such rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Cuje
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1. If I claim a patent at level 2, and then later claim a patent at level 3 do I move my marker off of level 2 and up to level 3?

2. If I claim a project that is level 2 and I have level 2 technologies but my opponent owns patents at level 3 do I pay them?

3. Also, do luminary abilities apply to themselves? Like can Edison himself ignore the patent cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuje wrote:
1. If I claim a patent at level 2, and then later claim a patent at level 3 do I move my marker off of level 2 and up to level 3?

No, you leave the older one there. Other, less developped companies still have to pay to use your earlier patent.

Cuje wrote:
2. If I claim a project that is level 2 and I have level 2 technologies but my opponent owns patents at level 3 do I pay them?

No, why would you. You don't have level 3, so you can't use "his" technology.

Cuje wrote:

3. Also, do luminary abilities apply to themselves? Like can Edison himself ignore the patent cost?

Yes. "His company" includes him. And he hastn't been exhausted earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Cuje
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the fast answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.