Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pezzi
United States
Waterford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Need some thoughts on which one to get if it will likely be played solo 99.9% of the time. Wife and kids won't exactly flock to the table to indulge dad's fascination with comics/80's movies (I know Alien was '79 but I digress).

Does it really just come down to which theme I prefer or is there much more to consider? I realize Predator has just been released so I'm not likely to get much in the way of hands on thoughts, and I know its main additions are more in the way of multiplayer, but thoughts are still welcome.

I should mention, and I'm well prepared to be blasted for this, I am one of those losers who finds SoTM too fiddly for his liking, if that makes a difference in your response/suggestions. Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't play Predators yet...

But the Aliens one is effectively Legendary 2.0.
If you don't care much about the theme, get the mechanically superior game, which is Aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
F├╝rth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't talk about Legendary but LE: Alien is great, has cool art and streamlined gameplay.
If you like the movies, it gets even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kassler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I really like some of the mechanics in Aliens (and have not yet played Predator - this weekend hopefully!), I prefer Marvel as a solo game just for the sheer variety. With all of the expansions, there is just so much more content which allows more replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Unless you're willing to play as two characters, Marvel is vastly superior for solo play!
Alien "tells a better story" but Marvel has more exciting characters and more potential for pulling off cool combos. Marvel also has MUCH more replayability (especially with the expansions).
I have both. Alien is fun once in a while, but Marvel I could play all the time.
That being said, Marvel is really easy if you don't own any of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.