Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] I Know An Old Woman - 2015 Children's Print and Play Game Design Contest - Components Ready
OK, still working on this and I've got through a couple more revisions, with some very helpful feedback from my beloved wife (who, thankfully, doesn't hold back!). I've done some revisions of both the text and the ordering of the rules, which I think moves us another step or two in the right direction...

Here's the latest draft rulebook on Dropbox
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now Contest Ready!
OK, so the big step has been taken. I have just given the game materials a final brush up (though I am sure I still have a way to go before they are "right"), uploaded the latest version to DropBox, and edited the first post to make Old Woman officially contest ready. Fingers crossed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for saying that, Jeremy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've taken a big step for me and actually submitted I Know An Old Woman to the BGG database. It's the first time I have done this, so I now have my very own designer badge. And here is the game's page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
polyobsessive wrote:
So I've taken a big step for me and actually submitted I Know An Old Woman to the BGG database. It's the first time I have done this, so I now have my very own designer badge. And here is the game's page!
Congratulations. I always put them as soon as possible, even unfinished blush. A few regrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:
Congratulations. I always put them as soon as possible, even unfinished blush. A few regrets.

I tend to be pretty conservative/defensive, so I took the advice to wait until a game is in its "final" form first. Maybe in years to come I will regret this one, but right now it seems OK for what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a pretty productive session over the weekend debugging the rulebook with the help of a friend. Of course this is all too late for the contest, but after voting has taken place I'll post rulebook v1.1, which will hopefully be an improvement.

Just goes to show how difficult rulebook writing is. Even a game this simple can have unclear rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |