Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Female characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Ward
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
flag msg tools
Just wanted to say the designer has done a fantastic job with the female characters in this game. Not a fan of the hyper-sexualised fantasy woman trope for a lot of reasons, but apart from anything else it simply makes the game less immersive. Here every character looks very cool but also realistic. This was one of the first things that attracted me to the kickstarter, along with the rest of the beautiful art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Temple
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
21st-ed.
I can think of two other games I am not backing because of terrible art. Isaac made a post on his blog showing it is not just by accident either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Temple of Battle wrote:
Isaac made a post on his blog showing it is not just by accident either.

Well worth the read. http://www.cephalofair.com/2015/08/realistic-depictions-wome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I've ever played a game where the depiction of attractive women somehow ruined the immersion (tho I suppose the laughable chainmail bikini trope might do it). Having said that, I am digging the artwork in this one. Variety is the spice of life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.