Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Cutter
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this ship in early or late October? I may need to change my shipping address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure we'll get a survey asking for your current shipping address. Not to worry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nairb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably another 18-24 months before this ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Patrick (or should I say Cyborg?)

As Ben writes, I'll be reaching out to you all as soon as the shipping date is clear - and I'll probably be nagging you big time for it So you'll notice it, so you can take it into account.

- - - - - - - - -

Patrick and Ben, did you guys get a chance to read the first issues of my novel... we're only 5-6 days out from issue 4, so if you want to join us - please indulge in some free advanture here > http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-stories.html

Can't wait to have it matched up with the final game - it's going to be so awesome

Have a good day,
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iamadoorknob wrote:

Is this venting wearily, or is this a serious statement?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not addressing it Barry, I'm just getting so tired of random comments like that - I really didn't want to comment on Brian's venting, so no - he's just venting, whatever that might help me in my attempt to complete the game?

But what to do...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything is in the manufacturer's hand, I can only hurry as much as I can on my manufacturer to finish the minis for October, so I can get the game shipped there.
Printing is working out well and those guys are freaking easy to work with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico W.
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
iamadoorknob wrote:

What would a doorknob know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N2xU wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
iamadoorknob wrote:

What would a doorknob know?

That seems a little uncalled for. This game is already more than a year late, and apparently isn't even finished printing yet, let alone on a boat, over the ocean, through customs, railed to a warehouse, and shipped. I mean, if manufacture was done tomorrow you'd be looking at a delivery of between Thanksgiving and Christmas. 2016 is entirely probable.

And no, I'm not being salty about it. I don't have a dog in this, as this was one of the first KS's that came up after I decided I wasn't participating in that model anymore (I'll just wait for CSI to have copies of it, and buy it from them...probably for less than the KS would have ran me, and entirely possible before KS backers get their copies). I look forward to getting a copy of this game and hope it does really well, but it sort of perfectly illustrates why the KS model is so crappy. You get to hang on to your cash till somebody is ready to actually give you a piece of product, and none of the anxiety or impatient waiting for production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quintious wrote:

That seems a little uncalled for. This game is already more than a year late, and apparently isn't even finished printing yet, let alone on a boat, over the ocean, through customs, railed to a warehouse, and shipped. I mean, if manufacture was done tomorrow you'd be looking at a delivery of between Thanksgiving and Christmas. 2016 is entirely probable.

And no, I'm not being salty about it. I don't have a dog in this, as this was one of the first KS's that came up after I decided I wasn't participating in that model anymore (I'll just wait for CSI to have copies of it, and buy it from them...probably for less than the KS would have ran me, and entirely possible before KS backers get their copies). I look forward to getting a copy of this game and hope it does really well, but it sort of perfectly illustrates why the KS model is so crappy. You get to hang on to your cash till somebody is ready to actually give you a piece of product, and none of the anxiety or impatient waiting for production.

Hi Quintious,

I think this was more a play on word than anything else since Brian's username is "Iamadoorknob".

But "name calling" aside, I do understand people's frustrations - it's just a shame that people have to vent in a fashion that demands me to spend time on it. I mean, I still have to sleep, eat and take care of the family - so whenever I spend 5, 10 or 15 minutes on such matters, it's time taken out of development, quality control etc.

I'm sure that most people understand that my frustration with not being able to fulfill this on time exceeds that of any other person involved. I don't have any influence on the speed of things unfortunately, as everything has been submitted quite a while back..

Hopefully I haven't given backers reason to believe I won't deliver the game.. with all the extra things I've spend time on, like http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-stories.html, http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-wiki, http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-galaxies.html. Not to mention the following games... all in vain, if Suns don't deliver.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you, I'm hope Suns will get a solid spot among the other sci-fi games out there..

As of now, Burning Suns won't go into distribution, since it would require a production of probably 5k+ games in order to make it at a price point where retailers would find it interesting to sell.
But there will be some Kickstarter copies left, and I'm planning if everything goes well to have a reprint at some point.

If you want to follow that progress and be sure to get the offer, you can sign up for my newsletter (http://www.suntzugames.com/).

Thanks and have a good day
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it would be a good idea to change the 'year published' in the BGG database. It's quite strange to speak about when this game would appear in the market with something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's noted and change has been submitted.

Edit:

I just got the correction declined. I had a feeling I'd tried to change the publishing date before, but couldn't remember why it wasn't changed.

It was denied because the "PDF version" was released in 2013 (which is also an overstatement, since it was a PDF print and play version of the prototype).

I don't remember the specific details, but it has something to do with the fact that the PDF version is part of the game entry, meaning it shares some of the data......
As if BGG wasn't confusing enough with it's old school GUI, there are also some strange data relations you can't immediately see.

Don't know what to do about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Emilarsen wrote:
Sorry for not addressing it Barry, I'm just getting so tired of random comments like that - I really didn't want to comment on Brian's venting, so no - he's just venting, whatever that might help me in my attempt to complete the game?

But what to do...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything is in the manufacturer's hand, I can only hurry as much as I can on my manufacturer to finish the minis for October, so I can get the game shipped there.
Printing is working out well and those guys are freaking easy to work with

That's okay, Emil, I can only imagine some of the static that's been blown your way. Most of us knew you were 'way too optimistic about production and delivery dates, but you've been very transparent about everything, and that amid a grueling family health crisis and deep personal loss (and now you've had another one, I was sorry to see!--My condolences).

The updates are encouraging, it's clear you're chugging along and being careful with everything, and the art is just gorgeous. "Burning Suns" will be well worth the wait and I'm sure all of us have some other games on the shelf (shelves!) to occupy us until the happy day comes.

Just be sure to let the ink dry on everything before packing and shipping! We can certainly wait a few days longer (and you are allowed to have family days in there too!).

I'm just glad that this game won't be subject to the tyrannies of Chinese New Year production pauses!

Keep your chin up.

Edit: for Doorknob, don't mind me, I'm hopelessly gullible when it comes to detecting whimsy. People almost always "get" me and then have a good laugh. I'm so slow that when the kids were little and jumped out to scare me, my mind figured out it was them, not a ghoul, before my muscles could move to make me jump. They thought I was unflappable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your kind words Barry - we'll get there

Haha, that made me laugh.. you made my day Barry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Cutter
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emilarsen wrote:
Quintious wrote:

Hi Quintious,

I think this was more a play on word than anything else since Brian's username is "Iamadoorknob".

But "name calling" aside, I do understand people's frustrations - it's just a shame that people have to vent in a fashion that demands me to spend time on it. I mean, I still have to sleep, eat and take care of the family - so whenever I spend 5, 10 or 15 minutes on such matters, it's time taken out of development, quality control etc.

I'm sure that most people understand that my frustration with not being able to fulfill this on time exceeds that of any other person involved. I don't have any influence on the speed of things unfortunately, as everything has been submitted quite a while back..

Hopefully I haven't given backers reason to believe I won't deliver the game.. with all the extra things I've spend time on, like http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-stories.html, http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-wiki, http://www.suntzugames.com/burning-galaxies.html. Not to mention the following games... all in vain, if Suns don't deliver.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you, I'm hope Suns will get a solid spot among the other sci-fi games out there..

As of now, Burning Suns won't go into distribution, since it would require a production of probably 5k+ games in order to make it at a price point where retailers would find it interesting to sell.
But there will be some Kickstarter copies left, and I'm planning if everything goes well to have a reprint at some point.

If you want to follow that progress and be sure to get the offer, you can sign up for my newsletter (http://www.suntzugames.com/).

Thanks and have a good day
Best regards Emil

So.....will we see Burning Suns shipped in October? If not, is there a new target?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter9999 wrote:
So.....will we see Burning Suns shipped in October? If not, is there a new target?

I'll address it in the next update. There will also be a few details about Essen, Print'n'Play and so on.

Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1448569/estimated-shipping-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.