Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Going over my TFA Core Set, and on the cardboard, the maneuver templates have been updated to accommodate Seignor Loops and Tallon Rolls (the Bank and Turn templates have the 'loop' icon underneath the bank/turn icons, similar to the straight templates from the original core).

However, the numbers for ships start at 1, and the target locks are A/B/C, just like the original core. That's too bad, I have way too many of these as it is

-shnar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
betty bear
United States
Lockhart
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
They are calling it a starter set
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it could have been AA, BB, CC

The S-loop and T-Roll are only on the 2 and 3 speed bank/hard turns.

I also liked that it came with a new scenario token for the 'rescue' instead of another Republic Shuttle.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinKase wrote:
Then it could have been AA, BB, CC

The S-loop and T-Roll are only on the 2 and 3 speed bank/hard turns.

I also liked that it came with a new scenario token for the 'rescue' instead of another Republic Shuttle.


they already have up to TT, I think. Might as well start over for those who are new to the game.

That's cool that the dial is updated like that. Any chance of a picture of it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunar Sol
msg tools
mb
They're up to SS/TT as is and Wave 8 contains UU/VV, WW/XX, and YY/ZZ.

Frankly, if you have 52 individual target locks on the board, I have absolutely no idea what's going on anymore.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Then A1 - heck of a good steak sauce at least
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Householder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But if your steak actually needs sauce, you're doing it wrong...cool
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why we can't get official TL that are numbered rather than lettered.

I only use after market ones with numbers so I can match the TL # to the ID #. Knowing lock 2 is from ship 2 is so much cleaner.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DTH1138 wrote:
But if your steak actually needs sauce, you're doing it wrong...cool


Salt, Pepper, Garlic. Goes much better on steak than Target Locks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued a set of 'a' 'b' etc target locks together, so they would say the same letter on both sides. I already have a set of a,b,c like this but it might be a use for those getting extra target locks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueKnight wrote:
DTH1138 wrote:
But if your steak actually needs sauce, you're doing it wrong...cool


Salt, Pepper, Garlic. Goes much better on steak than Target Locks.


But with all this spare cardboard, at least I won't be short on firelighters
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lj1983 wrote:
I glued a set of 'a' 'b' etc target locks together, so they would say the same letter on both sides. I already have a set of a,b,c like this but it might be a use for those getting extra target locks.


I did this also, then mounted the blue 'A' for example on the ship instead of a number token, and set an extra 'A' token on the corresponding card, then use a red 'A' on the target ship when I lock on. It works really well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to The Force Awakens Core Set.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
virferrorum wrote:
I don't understand why we can't get official TL that are numbered rather than lettered.

I only use after market ones with numbers so I can match the TL # to the ID #. Knowing lock 2 is from ship 2 is so much cleaner.

Huh.

That had literally never occurred to me before. You're right, that's a really good idea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
virferrorum wrote:
I don't understand why we can't get official TL that are numbered rather than lettered.

I only use after market ones with numbers so I can match the TL # to the ID #. Knowing lock 2 is from ship 2 is so much cleaner.

Huh.

That had literally never occurred to me before. You're right, that's a really good idea.


While a good idea nonetheless, this way didn't account for crew like Weapon Engineer or the pilot ability of Redline (the new Tie Punisher)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.