Subject: Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian B.
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mb
Anybody already experienced a storage solution for the game and all the including extras ?
Didn't think there will be this many extra minis and no place to store them in the box. So, anyone? Help...pls?!

cry

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the components bagged and managed to get everything (more or less) into the box. The lid sticks up about 1/4 of an inch, which works okay for me. I considered storing the mercenaries in an expansion box, but there wasn't enough of them to justify it.

So: it does fit. It's quite packed, and heavy, and the lid sticks up a teeny bit, but it does fit (ship boards on the bottom, faction tokens filling those gaps, cards on top of ship boards, minis everywhere else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not planning on shoehorning everything into a single box. At the very least I plan on using the core and one expansion box.

I'm not necessarily planning on a Plano solution, however, I would like to put the figures (even if mixed) into Really Useful Boxes:

They make them in a ton of sizes, and I use them as inserts (after a fashion) for many, many games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my solution, accomplished by bead storage containers from Michael's (and 40% off with Michael's coupons):

It all fits neatly back into two boxes. However, there is no room left in either box, so here's hoping there are no expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did everyone just toss out all the smaller boxes? I'm torn, but I may just get rid of em all and call it a day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
Did everyone just toss out all the smaller boxes? I'm torn, but I may just get rid of em all and call it a day

I did but not before cuting out the back of those boxes... You have the character stories there (like the ones in the rulebooks for the main faction characters) that you will lose otherwise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Beorstruk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even notice the character bios on the boxes before tossing them, that's a shame. They really should have printed them on the back of the character sheets.

Didn't get either of the expansions, but the core and all the KS extras fit with plenty of room in the main box with foam inserts to organize it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B.
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mb
ohbalto wrote:
I've got the components bagged and managed to get everything (more or less) into the box. The lid sticks up about 1/4 of an inch, which works okay for me. I considered storing the mercenaries in an expansion box, but there wasn't enough of them to justify it.

So: it does fit. It's quite packed, and heavy, and the lid sticks up a teeny bit, but it does fit (ship boards on the bottom, faction tokens filling those gaps, cards on top of ship boards, minis everywhere else).

Thanks for all the replies and sharing your solutions!
Any chance to get a picture of yours?
Foam will be too expensive to get it here in germany, would have to order it from the us somewhere.
I just ordered 2 extra character boxes, but i am not able to store them in the main box at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
This was my solution, accomplished by bead storage containers from Michael's (and 40% off with Michael's coupons):

It all fits neatly back into two boxes. However, there is no room left in either box, so here's hoping there are no expansions!

Nice! That looks like a really good fit. Were these a specific type/brand? , I'd like to do this as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
not_a_cylon wrote:

Nice! That looks like a really good fit. Were these a specific type/brand? , I'd like to do this as well.

I think I used these to hold the characters:

http://www.michaels.com/bead-landing-bead-storage-box-with-r...

And these for the Bosuns/Deckhands (I'm not exactly sure this is the same one). You just want to make sure the containers will fit back in the box when placed next to/on top of each other:

http://www.michaels.com/bead-landing-bead-storage-box-with-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McCabe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got all of mine into a single Plano 732 tackle box that I purchased from Walmart. They are my go to for miniatures games at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.