Subject: Core set cards stuck together rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, just got my copy of this today and wanted to warn you guys that my core set cards came stuck together. after peeling them apart there's a glue-like residue on the left side of the cards. Just letting you guys know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Passamonti
Italy
Latina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the warning. could you post some shots of the game? the image section is empty...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put some up Daniele. As you can see they're clinging together, they are kinda like post-it notes but it's harder to pull them apart than it would be to grab a post-it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to update you guys, I've emailed IDW and am waiting for a reply. I also wanted to let everyone know that it seems the other sets (millionaire's row + harbor expansion) don't have the same problem, they're fine and the cards are in good condition. I didn't open them up till this morning as I wanted to get some pics so that I could let IDW know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked my game and my cards have no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to me, that's good news. I really like the game, I actually already had the base game, I just gifted it to another friend so I could pick up this copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem when I got the Harbor Expansion. I contacted IDW and they were helpful. I think it is the new printer they use because my base game was from the former printer and the card finish and size was different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fatty McButterpants
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my set and only had two cards stuck together (Amusement Park starting landmarks), but I was more concerned with noticing about half of the core deck had a darker shade of green on the backs than the rest of the core set and the expansion sets. I wonder if anyone else has this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine kind of has that issue, but I think that's due to the glue material sticking the cards together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam C
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I would say mine were slightly stuck together, but the cards seem to be free of any glue residue. I noticed it early on when I was sleeving, so I was paranoid to make sure there weren't any stuck together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gibson Ng
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

Guys, IDW mailed me a new set of core cards, this time they are perfect and display none of the problems associated with the set that came in the tin. Wanted to give a big thank you for IDW's excellent customer service who promptly sent me the new cards as soon as they got around to reading my email and checking out my thread.

Thanks IDW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.