Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
When we've played campaign games before we inevitably find we start a few different campaigns for different player groups. Is there a way to easily flip between different campaigns and remembering what everyone had?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Søndergaard
Denmark
Kgs. Lyngby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I have been able to understand, keeping track of several campaigns will not be easy due to the Legacy element. You can, however, have someone drop into the campaign you are already playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtdj wrote:
As far as I have been able to understand, keeping track of several campaigns will not be easy due to the Legacy element. You can, however, have someone drop into the campaign you are already playing.

actually from what I heard the game is designed to play several groups or "parties" in the same campaign world. so you can have several different groups playing and it works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple parties within the same world state will be easy and is the way the game is intended to be played. Anything unlocked (scenarios, items, classes, etc.) will be unlocked for all parties, and there is a system of global and party-specific achievements that determine which scenarios parties have access to play in campaign (story) mode. Global achievements are tracked with stickers on the main board. Party achievements are tracked on a party's personal notepad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Every Gamer's Guild
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Isaac - that makes much more sense to me now. I can even envisage sharing a copy of Gloomhaven between a couple of groups, and at the end of one group's play, handing it over to the next group, then so on. Would be fascinating to see how the 'world' unfolds with the multiple pairs shaping it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be possible to switch players between the different parties? How about changing player count?

I'n thinking of gaming groups that can not always meet with the same (amount of) people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Blank
msg tools
The characters are free to come and go on each adventure.

In our regular play-test group, there are 5 players, of whom 3-4 usually show up and play.

As a result, some characters are of different levels; but that is going to happen regardless.

For example, I just retired my Brute and started a new (spoiler) character, who is a few levels behind everyone else but is catching up!
I am not under-powered, and have a new deck to learn with its own mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.