1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Legendary Encounters: A Predator Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Conversion kit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
So the conversion kit is up on the upper deck store, but they don't ship outside Canada/US. Anyone know how the ROW can get a hold of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
find a nice friend stateside or in hockey land and see if they can buy you a copy?

IDK that really stinks though for everyone else

[edit]
...hmmmmm, well if you want to forward me $20 through paypal I can send it your way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what is in the conversion kit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Does anyone know what is in the conversion kit?

I believe it's a reworded set of LE: Alien objective and location cards. And what I've seen I think its minimal, but it takes into account certain aspects in LE: Predator that Alien doesnt have or address.

Some would say that's silly but knowing myself I'll want them...bastards know us too well

Someone Posted a picture of it on the BGG profile:http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2618333/legendary-encounters-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Ditto. Hopefully someone will put'em up on ebay soon. Preferably with some deviders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Upper Deck about the possibility of getting the conversion kit sent to the UK. They responded that I could pay them over paypal for it, but get this, the postage for these 16 cards was $100. $100 postage for 16 cards. Maybe they thought the UK is on Mars, but that's just disgusting. Seriously reconsidering given Upper Deck any more of my money after this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
GreenMeerkat wrote:
the postage for these 16 cards was $100.

That's just incorrect, there is no reason for postage to be that high. Not even over night would be that bad. They have made a mistake period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they haven't responded to me about it yet so hopefully that's all it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a great item for the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Topknot87 wrote:
That's just incorrect, there is no reason for postage to be that high. Not even over night would be that bad. They have made a mistake period.

I heard back from them, and no, it is not a mistake. They confirmed that they will charge $100 to send the conversion kit to the UK. Unbelievable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenMeerkat wrote:
Topknot87 wrote:

I heard back from them, and no, it is not a mistake. They confirmed that they will charge $100 to send the conversion kit to the UK. Unbelievable.

OK, that´s just crazy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiousity what would you expect shipping to be? If someone in the states did it you would effectively be paying shipping twice once in the states and once out.

Depending on how many people are looking for this I would possibly order some. When I ordered mine it was $6 to ship to me in the states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Out of curiousity what would you expect shipping to be?

Well I ordered 2 expansion packs for Netrunner from the US and shipping for them was about $8.50. That's 240 cards vs 32 here.

I bought both the Millenium Falcon and Slave 1 minis for the X-Wing game and they were $12.50 to ship both.

So you know, $100 for 32 cards is just staggeringly wrong. I buy heaps of stuff from the US and have never encountered anything like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenMeerkat wrote:
thor0298 wrote:
Out of curiousity what would you expect shipping to be?

Well I ordered 2 expansion packs for Netrunner from the US and shipping for them was about $8.50. That's 240 cards vs 32 here.

I bought both the Millenium Falcon and Slave 1 minis for the X-Wing game and they were $12.50 to ship both.

So you know, $100 for 32 cards is just staggeringly wrong. I buy heaps of stuff from the US and have never encountered anything like this.

I realize that is too high I was asking what people would expect. For me to buy for myself in the states it ended up being $16. $10 for the cards $6 for shipping. So if I tried to help a few people I was curious how much I'd have to put up for it. So a simple answer to the question for someone trying to help would be a much better response

Edit btw if shipping to me in the states was $6 I'm guessing it would be over that for me to ship overseas. So I don't know where you got net runner shipped for $8.50 but I have no way to get any discount for shipping and wouldn't take a loss on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On usps I just did postage to England. An envelope flat rate was $54. And box with no weight was $52

Edit just did ups to London. It was $77 in an envelope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
On usps I just did postage to England. An envelope flat rate was $54. And box with no weight was $52

Even that is madness, but it's half the price UD claim it is.

But, for example, here is an order I made from BGG to Australia last year:

Quote:
1x Romolo o Remo?: God Demands for $12.00 each
1x Romolo o Remo?: Hidden Terrain for $8.00 each
1x Edo Promo #3 - Special Authorization Cards 2 for $5.00 each
1x Edo Promo #1 - Special Authorization Cards for $5.00 each
1x Marvel Masterpiece - Green Goblin, Hulk, and Spider Man for $0.00 each
1x Karesansui: Weeds for $5.00 each

Subtotal : $35.00 USD
Shipping : $1.00 USD
Total : $36.00 USD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like these courier services like fedex and USPS are not great options for small items then. I'm not sure what delivery service the other places I've bought from use but clearly it's not outrageously priced like this so there are other options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well also remember that businesses get a discount usually. And I think the discount is substantial. So usually sending as residential is high. I would have thought upper deck could ship cheaper than me.

A few months back I shipped some dice masters dice to someone in Canada. And the second the shipping went a crossed the border the price was 2.5x. He had a friend just over the border in the states I ended up shipping to. But it seems to me once people in the U.S. Start to ship outside the U.S. The price jumps way up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Sykes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really seeing what point you're trying to make. As I said, I have bought many things, books, games, cards etc from the US over the years and I have never been quoted $100 shipping cost for a $10 set of cards. Having a business even suggest that is absurd to me. There are clearly other options than fedex out there which don't dwarf the cost of the original item so I'd think UD would look at those if being serious about their non-US based customers. I'd have been less annoyed if they just said they couldn't send them to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No point trying to be made was actually looking into trying to help some people get this upgrade packs. But since there's no useful info in here and people can't seem to see when someone was actually looking at trying to help them out I'll unsubscribe on this thread

Good luck getting the cards. Hopefully someone can help you out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
If it costs them $100 to ship an envelope of cards to the UK, they'd be bankrupt by now from shipping out missing cards from Alien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Kvevlander
Sweden
Röbäck
flag msg tools
I'm sort of yellow on the inside. (Missing Japan ...)
badge
Obey the beard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am giving https://www.borderlinx.com a try with this, to proxy it to Sweden, hopefully without getting ruined. No idea how much it'll be until it arrives at the repacking station though ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex de Burgh
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To send a few cards to the USA from the UK would be a few £ at most. I traded CCG cards with people all over the world multiple times the postage is nothing like what upper deck is quoting. These were regular people, not companies getting big discounts. I've ordered similar items for $2.50-$5.00 from the USA multiple times. Upper Deck must be getting quotes from a really weird source. Unless they're sending them in a 20KG box made of solid gold.

Sounds like they don't have much experience sending international items and can't be bothered to look into it, or at least the person getting your messages doesn't and couldn't.

Not sure why thees cards weren't in the Predator Game already though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So mine came in and they shipped it in a box. Why they shipped it in a box and not an envelope is anyone's guess.

That may partially explain why it's not in the single dollar range for shipping, but it still shouldn't cost more than a few dollars to ship a 4 inch cube box...

Some other companies have expensive shipping, and I don't know why. If you order directly from Fantasy Flight Games, you're looking at $9 shipping for a single LCG pack (or $16 or more if you're shipping UPS). That makes very little logical sense to me. I'm not sure why it costs them more than if I was to ship the item myself...

(Admittedly, none are as bad as $100 shipping to ROW for a tiny card pack)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How come the BGG store can ship a packet of cards for just a few dollars?

Answer, they're not morons. UD are either trying to rip us off or have the IQ of gibbons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.