Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Memoir 44 3D terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade O
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
A few shots from my Memoir 44 3D board. Still a work in progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice work. Care to share some info how different aspects were accomplished?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade O
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools

I use Axis and Allies Mini's for the troops. For the game board I bought one of those mats from Hobby Lobby in the model RR section. I outlined the polygons from a polygon shape found from a sewing set (don't laugh!). I made the hills from foam material used for plastic plant arrangements. Cut the shapes, spray painted it olive green then glued some of the grass material that is used for model RR terrain. Buildings were some cut outs I found on the internet and then glued onto some card board. I would like to eventually make or buy some better buildings but these are working for now. I made the river and bridge from some old cardboard and painted it. Still working on making some better hedgerows. Total costs for all material was around 25 bucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Really nice, especially those bushy hills! I'm lazy and just use Heroscape terrain when I have time to leave it set up for multiple M44 games. I've thought about make foam hill pieces with more of a slope on the sides and a smaller plateau in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade O
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools

I picked up the grassy material at a dollar store. A whole bag for a buck! Was able to use that for some of the hills and for my hedgerows though I would like to improve on the hedgerows. I found the trees off of Ebay though they may not be to scale still look pretty nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lee
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I assume the last picture shows the need for a tournament dietitian. Good luck with the project. We made terrain from label paper and attached to foam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.