Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald EMCA LADD
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 15 year old son likes this game and came up with some optional rules on his own. He play tested them and has worked on them over the summer. He asked me to post them here to share them with everyone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zombies!!! New Rules by Michael Hill. 'Quickly Infected'

Player Zombie Regeneration:

The rule applies when a player dies. When someone dies their body will turn into a zombie and weapon cards /bullet/gut tokens will be put under the players zombie character. Tokens will be placed under the zombie (3-4 under) and will move with the zombie (if the character had more tokens at the time of their death, the remaining tokens are placed to the side of the map)
The only cards that can be left on a zombie are weapon cards (all weapon cards including ones held in the deck and activate ones at the time of death) and because of the size of the cards, they will be placed on the side with any remaining tokens. When a player zombie is killed its body will not move but will lie on its back with the tokens. You don't need to have killed the player zombie to loot it (ex:a player kills a player zombie and didn't loot the body, you can now loot the body if you follow the rules of looting)

LOOTING RULES:

If a player wishes to loot a player zombie then the player must spend one full turn on the same square where the zombie was killed without moving (the looter must announce to all other players that they are going to loot the body). Defensive kills will not interrupt the looting process (ex: a zombie walks onto your square you can kill it without needing to spend another turn on the same spot). Once a player zombie has been looted, the zombie will not go to the player, but back into the pool of zombies to placed on the map.

RE-SPAWNING RULES:

When a player dies the spawn rules will be followed normally, but, instead of spawning at the town hall, the player will spawn on the next tile placed by any player. The player will spawn in the centre of the tile (unless there is a building in the centre then place the new player on the closest road on the same tile), no zombies or tokens can be there. The number of zombies will be cut in half (round up) on the tile with a spawning player. If the tile has specific instructions about the number of zombies then use the following chart

A player can not spawn on a helicopter pad. If this the next card chosen then the very next legal card is the one the player will spawn on and the helicopter pad must be replaced in the middle of the remaining deck. On the first turn, when the zombies move, they can not move towards a new player even if it's to go to another player past the new one. That zombie will remain motionless. Once all the tiles have been placed no more re-spawning is allowed.

NEW DEFENSIVE RULE:

In the event of a zombie attacking you and you only have one heart left, you may only use a maximum of one bullet in defending yourself because of your injuries. I have added this rule because during play testing I found the zombies body had very few bullets and were not worth looting as it took to long for so little.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son is much more familiar with the rules than I am and I hope I haven't changed anything when I copied it to this post. Give it a read, give it a try, let me know what you think please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.