Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My first game: BASKETmind, a 5-on-5 basketball match
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee rulebook wrote:
A further exception occurs if two players are tied for the lead, they both have three 6s in their hands, and their chariots are blocking the movement of the players behind them. In this unique situation, the leading player whose turn occurs first may play a 6 to move his chariot forward.

Even if not stated explicitely, I think the rules clearly imply that the leading player whose turn occurs first passes, then the one beside him passes too, and at that point it is public information that we are in this particular exception. When the turn comes back to the first player, that player can exceptionally play.

That was explained explicitely in some old French rules I had, but I think it is clear enough here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sthrjo wrote:
yukThe original rules are somewhat unclear regarding the exception for a super-block with two players having only 6:es in hand.
franchi wrote:
As to the case when 2 players lead in a 2-space lane and both have 3x6, my French rules say that, once both have passed because of that, the player whose turn comes next can play a 6. So it is the player playing first, but after both have passed one turn. I had not read that part of the sentence!

I hoped to see this change in the latest English rules, spielregel-USA21.8.pdf, but sadly not. The situation happened to me: Original track A, clockwise, player I 5 spaces from finish line with one still hidden 6 in hand, player II besides him, also with one hidden 6 in hand, player III in turn and has to pass because he is super-blocked by I and II. (None of player I or II have passed yet to reveal their hand of 6:s).
Now it is player I in turn. Either he says Pass and (A: lets player II play his 6 and win, or B: player II also passes), or C: player I asks player II if he is also in this predicament, and since he is, player I plays his 6 and wins.
With the addition franchi mentions, it is clearly B that is the correct rule, and player I gets back in turn again and plays his 6 and wins. Without the addition franchi mentions, it is either A or C. Case A is a win for player II, who did not need to waste one round saying Pass. Case C introduce a situation where a player must ask another player what he has in hand, and that is strange.
So how does it resolve? Does the players have to explicitly say pass, or do the first player instead "negotiate" with his competitor and ask him how the situation for him is, and then determine if he must pass or if the super-block exception rule kicks in?

Well, both players have other cards than 6 in hand, so the first player (player I) has to play another card. Then player II can play a 6 and win. (You can never be so close to the finish line and have 3 x 6 left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My first game: BASKETmind, a 5-on-5 basketball match
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
Well, both players have other cards than 6 in hand, so the first player (player I) has to play another card. Then player II can play a 6 and win. (You can never be so close to the finish line and have 3 x 6 left.

I think he is referring to the case in which they have only 1 card left, and it's a 6, which is very possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
Fomalhaut wrote:

I think he is referring to the case in which they have only 1 card left, and it's a 6, which is very possible.

Aha, sorry, I should have understood that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.