United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
[Inspired by Paul Harrington's "How to lose at Power Grid"]

Given my strategic acumen, I'll add a note or two after every game!

1) Keeping a Fire/Ambush card to use the ambush, only to have your opponent overstack the melee.

2) Wait to lay the smoke after you start moving, so that you can cover the perfect hex, only to break before that (and lose you boxed movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Foley
United States
Warren
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:

2) Wait to lay the smoke after you start moving, so that you can cover the perfect hex, only to break before that (and lose your boxed movement).

Been there, done that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Been there, done that.

Ditto. Exactly when to pop Smoke is often one of the hardest decisions to make in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Put some well place smoke counters to protect my troops heading to the far edge for victory points. While they were still in the open a breeze came by and blew them away to leave my exposed troops to deadly enemy fire, no survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
SANTA ROSA
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEA wrote:
Put some well place smoke counters to protect my troops heading to the far edge for victory points. While they were still in the open a breeze came by and blew them away to leave my exposed troops to deadly enemy fire, no survivors.

Good times! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
MarkEA wrote:

Good times! cool

Haha! Yeah and I was the benefactor of such event. My infantry gun that I recently got from Hidden Unit wiped out 2 squads and his leader because of this. His morale was down but found out later that the game was NOT over and it was still anyone's battle. Good times indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.