Subject: Some questions after playing Mission 5. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent S, this is HQ. Your valuable input is needed.

We played Mission 5 Moonrakers today. A few things happened while playing that made us wonder how to resolve them properly:

WARNING!
SPOILERS FOR MISSION 5: MOONRAKERS!!!!

1} Xeno-Grey leader has its (+) activation as "Activate the closest alien within 1 area if any, or....blah blah". He begins alone (with two signals) in an area that has no legal path to any aliens outside. Does his power target aliens that are 1 area away even if there is no legal path to them or not?
We played it that he could activate aliens within 1 area even if he didn't have legal path to them because thematically it made sense as a mental link between the Grey and the alien but this resulted in quadruple attacks from Nexus and similar carnage as you can imagine... zombie

2} This has been asked multiple times but never answered with 100% clarity. Does Nexus's Ion Burst ability affect Agents through walls or not? If they do affect Agents without having legal path then this attack is really nasty, we already lost mission 5 once because of this. I just want to know once and for all if Ion Burst can travel through walls.

3} Back to Xeno-Grey (again). He also has another ability that affects multiple areas. It's the Mind Control 2 ability that affects all Agent attacks within 2 areas and causes them to miss if they roll an alien skull. Does this ability affect areas that do NOT have legal walking path to Xeno-Grey or not? Again, thematically influenced we chose to make our lives miserable by allowing the effect to be active even through walls because it sounds like a mental effect but this made an already tough mission even tougher! So any official response to this by Agent S is really welcome!

4} Can a bleeding Agent use Free Actions?

5} The game is so tough that we usually pick all Medikits as our starting Devices. It seems we never have room for any other devices. Is this normal or are we doing something wrong? Just asking for fun, not a real rules question obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back agent!

Here your answers cool

1) The Xeno-Grey can only activate aliens if there is at least the legal walking path between them and the Grey (i.e. L.O.S. is not required).

2) Area damage and Explosion attacks hit all targets within a legal walking path, even in this case the L.O.S. is not required.

3) same as the above without a legal walking path the skill does not work (L.O.S. not needed).

4) yes, with the same limitations of using standard action while bleeding.

5) I Can't really give you a specific answer, I'm usually able to pick devices other than medikits cool

Good luck soldier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Agent S, thank you very much for the answers. My group and I are having an absolute blast playing Galaxy Defenders.
In fact, they are actively asking me every time we have a question if we have an official interpretation because they want to play the game "as the designers intended".

So based on your answers we did make our life miserable by allowing the Xeno-Grey to activate the Nexus through walls. We are going to try Mission 5 again this weekend using the official rules this time and I hope that we can win this.

Cheers. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question because my friends did not believe me yesterday.

As written in the storybook the agents are allowed to search in any rooms on the X1 and X2 map.

Do the red areas on these tiles count as rooms?

To my mind those were floors where it was not allowed to search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agent,

The red floor with a mosaic pattern is consider a corridor, rooms can be easily recognised by the different pattern on the floor (in addition they have doors and windows).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.